Rehab Center Help Kicks WoW Habit for $14,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
Nasty. Once I played 12 hours a day playing DAoC for whole summer but now I play up to 2 hours a day when my kids are asleep. Oh and I didn't spend a dime to get rid of my UO or DAoC or WoW or Warhammer Online addictions.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]Oh and I didn't spend a dime to get rid of my UO or DAoC or WoW or Warhammer Online addictions.[/citation]

If you have had to get rid of addictions to all of these then maybe you have not actually taken control of your video game addiction. It kind of sounds more like you hop from one to another.

zhaknafein

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
...or you can join my old guild for free, they will drive you mad in one week and you will never want to listen about wow for the rest of your life :)

[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]Nasty. Once I played 12 hours a day playing DAoC for whole summer but now I play up to 2 hours a day when my kids are asleep. Oh and I didn't spend a dime to get rid of my UO or DAoC or WoW or Warhammer Online addictions.[/citation]

12 hours... and now only 2...? Sorry, but you are addicted to the bones but you don't know it. The maximum I played Counter-Strike was 6 hours a day... 12 hours is insane...

Lately, I am playing a lot of Street Fighter 4 online, like 1 to 2 hours a day and I find it disturbing. For me online gaming is nothing more than useless competition. The fun became an habit before you know it.

I didn't played online for around 3 to 4 years after my Counter-Strike habit... and I tend to do the same with my Street Fighter 4 habit.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
$14,000 to beat your WoW addiction? Damn... in just 78 years, the program will have paid for itself in the amount you save on the monthly subscription cost.

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
People may not like it and ill get flamed for this. But I play MMO's and I can honestly say they are an addiction. Most will refute this but personally I think its just denial. Similar to drinking, denying they have a problem. (Not that everyone who plays MMO's get addicted, just depends on if you are prone to it, much like not everyone becomes an alcoholic.

While these institutions are a joke relative to their cost I believe they are a good idea. Some people do not have the will power to just quit cold turkey without help and this gives them a place they can get away from it all and get past the withdraws.

Of course what helped me curve my addiction is WoW just got plain boring and now I refuse to play more than 2 hours at a time. Hell most of the time I just log in twice a week for Raids and even those are boring now. Now if only I could put down Hello Kitty Online Adventure!

G

He'll be able to translate the subsequent cookie backing obsession into a business!

davisorle

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
Why the F**K would oyu try to take someone's mind away from his PC when you are named RESTART? ANd you ask 14K for it? I would only accept to participate to spend time for their group if THEY paid me good enough actually. Not the other way around. Retards... I hope they refund failed attempts though, in all seriousness.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Games save money, not necessarily WOW since you have to pay to play, but other games like Crysis, Farcry, GRID, etc. You save money not going out, driving, wasting gas, buying movie tickets, $5 dollar popcorn, expensive dining out. Real cheap if you pirated the games..., its a green habit, don't knock it.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
This just sounds like another "fly-by-night" clinic looking to make a quick buck. I play WoW for hours on end. Sometimes, I forgo doing some homework to play, but I always get my work done. Suckers are born every minute, and this proves my theory. If you give anyone $14,000 to "fix" your "gaming addiction", you deserve to be screwed over by these scam artist.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
300 dollars a day to make a kid play outside... fuck pay me that much and I'd get him to quit in 1 week fuck 10 weeks.

Also 10 weeks 45 days? how the hell you gonna make them quit cold turkey if they aren't in rehab for the full duration. It's like letting a drug addict go home for his stash every weekend

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
[citation][nom]webbwbb[/nom]If you have had to get rid of addictions to all of these then maybe you have not actually taken control of your video game addiction. It kind of sounds more like you hop from one to another.[/citation]

[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]12 hours... and now only 2...? Sorry, but you are addicted to the bones but you don't know it.[/citation]

I never said I got rid of my video games addictions. I said I got rid of my UO/DAoC/WoW/Warhammer Online addictions. Now I play *UP TO* 2 hours a day of offline games.

Give us 14k and we'll teach you how to bake cookies.

Right.

I think a better solution is to take that 14k, buy a car, and drive somewhere instead of spending all day leveling up on WoW. Getting a job will also force you to cut down on the WoW time :D

belezeebub

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I play(ed) EQ and EQ2 I played 50+ Hours a week before I meet my Wife once we purchased the house I stopped playing for nearly two years too much other stuff to do now I play many 4 hours a week (to unwind after work) while she is watch ing her TV shows I am not an Addicted I can't stand it when people blaim the games for ruining their lives you made your bed now lie in it! the Game is self it not programed to make you an addtic you are trying to escape reality, Read a Book date a girl and I don't mean a JPG go see a movie and take that 14k and put it to good use you don't need to spend that much money to Kick WOW. you might as well flush it down the toilet, learn to pull your self up by your own boot straps instead of shelling out 14k of your parents money to get pulled up by your own jock strap.

Status
Not open for further replies.