very strange computer problem, need help!

G

I have a very strange problem on my computer. For both Netscape and IE, the computer just freeze whenever the webpage has flash. The computer also freeze when I choose
flying object screenscaver. I have to restart all the times. The 128 PC100 RAM is OK becasue I have tried another RAM (pc133, 256M), the same problem. I have Win98 and Win2000 on my computer, and the problem exists for both Win98 and Win2000. Is something wrong with my video card? I got a Diamond Viper 770 (32M TNT2), and my motherboard is Asus P3B-F with a PIII 500MHz.
Thanks.

ledzepp98

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
have you always had the problem or did it just start out of nowhere? if it's the second chioce, what have you done (installed programs, driver changes, etc...) around the time the problems started? maybe you should try a different set of drivers (what version are you using?)

G

Thank you very much for your response.

I don't remember when the problem came out. I just noticed the problem after I tried to installed some cracked game(which was failed). After that I even format the entire disk and reinstalled everything (OS and all the software), the problem is still there. I don't have this problem when I first got this computer. By the way, Norton2001 didn't find any virus on my computer.

G

I am not sure if this helps, but try to "play" with the AGP-Aperture Size in BIOS.