After I install xp service pack 1, my computer continuously restarts, will
not load windows

See if you can boot in Safe Mode pressing F8 a few times while booting.

If you can boot then check you Auto Restart setting.

So 'hopefully' you will get a Stop Message which you can post here in this
newsgroup. In other words, you should get a Stop Message instead of seeing
your computer reboot

Right-click My Computer, click the Advanced tab, click Settings under
Startup and Recovery , and then view the Automatically restart check box
under System Failure . If the Automatically restart check box is selected,
Windows automatically restarts if the computer stops unexpectedly. So
UNcheck this check box.

Other considerations (some requiring Internet access from another PC):

If you can boot to the Recovery Console on the CD (hit R when asked to) you
can run the BOOTCFG /REBUILD command to have Windows automatically rebuild
your boot.ini file for you.

"Invalid Boot.ini" or "Windows Could Not Start" Error Messages When You
Start Your Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330184&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Edit the Boot.ini File in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289022&Product=winxp

The Purpose of the Boot.ini File in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314081&Product=winxp

How Do I Do a "Repair Installation"?

Configure your computer to start from the CD-ROM drive. For more information
about how to do this, please refer to your computer's documentation or
contact your computer manufacturer.

Insert your Windows XP compact disc (CD) into your CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM
drive, and then restart your computer.

When the "Press any key to boot from CD" message is displayed on your
screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.

When you see the following message displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen,
press ENTER:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

At this point an option to press R to enter the Recovery Console is
displayed. Do not select this option.

On the Windows XP Licensing Agreement screen, press F8 to agree to the
license agreement.

Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the
box, and then press the R key to repair Windows XP.

Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.

**********************

"CHADZWIK" <CHADZWIK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I install xp service pack 1, my computer continuously restarts, will
> not load windows

Hi, CHADZWIK.

You don't give us much to go on, do you? :>(

What make and model computer (or mobo, if you built it yourself)? Was WinXP
pre-installed on it, or did you install it yourself from a retail CD-ROM?
Clean install or upgrade (from what)? How did you install SP1? Why not
SP2?

Step-by-step, what happens from the time you turn on the power? What do you
do, and what do you see?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"CHADZWIK" <CHADZWIK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I install xp service pack 1, my computer continuously restarts, will
> not load windows

1. How to use the Automatic Recovery feature to recover your computer if
the Windows XP Service Pack 2 Setup program is not completed successfully:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=875355

2. Reboot tapping F8 each second.
Select "Last known good configuration" at the menu.
If that fails, reboot tapping F8 again this time choosing Safe Mode.
Then System Restore to Date/Time before issue started:
Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore

3. Otherwise perform a Repair Installation:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm

4. When you are ready for SP-2, follow the Service Pack Installation
Checklist:

Install Service Pack 2 and not Service Pack 1.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"CHADZWIK" <CHADZWIK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I install xp service pack 1, my computer continuously restarts, will
> not load windows

I will give that a try, it might be a few days before I get to it but I will
post again, thanks