Sign in with
Your question

Toshiba laptop keyboard not working at all

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
December 29, 2012 11:59:23 PM

on my toshiba laptop (satellite pro s300m-s2403), the keyboard does not work at all but the touchpad forks fine. A Microsoft Natural Keyboard plugs in USB and works, but I'd rather have the onboard keyboard most of the time. How to fix? Any driver fix needed? An uninstall----re-install? Or do I have a hardware problem? What can I do to diagnose the problem I have?
December 31, 2012 2:04:06 AM

The same thing happened to me, Please help.
December 31, 2012 2:27:42 AM

if all keys not working Loose connection problem. reinsert keyboard connector to mobo can fix this. if some keys not working dust problem so clean keyboard.
if extra options not working means driver issue.
Related resources
December 31, 2012 2:29:23 AM

Update windows .Automatically detect and install latest best driver and fix all issues.
Update bios.
Update hdd/ssd firmware.
Update Gpu firmware .
Full Scan system with "SUPERANTISPYWARE" Freeware.
October 3, 2013 8:02:15 AM

I've had a similar problem on my 2 year old laptop since the warranty ran out.
The keyboard randomly seems to change letters to shortcuts, and while I'm typing, several windows pop up.
If I hold down the CTRL button on the left, then press the CTRL button on the right, that seems to reset everything.
I also just bought a new one a few days ago and it's already had the same problem.
They're both Toshiba.
I'll never buy another Toshiba.
January 3, 2014 6:39:26 AM

wammoman said:
on my toshiba laptop (satellite pro s300m-s2403), the keyboard does not work at all but the touchpad forks fine. A Microsoft Natural Keyboard plugs in USB and works, but I'd rather have the onboard keyboard most of the time. How to fix? Any driver fix needed? An uninstall----re-install? Or do I have a hardware problem? What can I do to diagnose the problem I have?

Yes,,we have the same unit Toshiba satellite and the keyboard is not working at all. At first, it is the "s" key and later the nearer keys like A, W, D, Q, and when one of the technician open to check it,when I arrived home I "on" it but the keyboard is not working at all. May I know what's the problem? I'm worried if there's something wrong with the system....but the touch pod still works well. Th only problem is that I could not able to type. Just browsing and browsing only using the touch pod. Please let hear some of your concern about this. Thank you!
!