You do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager on PC.

I got this error while trying to open disk manager.
7 answers Last reply
More about access rights logical disk manager

    Access to Disk Manager Is Denied
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264910

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:E8AAFB87-7EC1-4E4C-9B35-8B2B801770D4@microsoft.com,
    mab <mab@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I got this error while trying to open disk manager.

    I've try this and it didn't work. I ran a system repair and that didn't work
    either.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Access to Disk Manager Is Denied
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264910
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:E8AAFB87-7EC1-4E4C-9B35-8B2B801770D4@microsoft.com,
    > mab <mab@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > I got this error while trying to open disk manager.

    You must be Administrator or member of group Administrators to run this
    tool.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Access to Disk Manager Is Denied
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264910
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:E8AAFB87-7EC1-4E4C-9B35-8B2B801770D4@microsoft.com,
    > mab <mab@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > I got this error while trying to open disk manager.

    I know you have to be an Administrator to run the tool. This doesn't help
    I'm running it as administrator.

    "John7" wrote:

    > You must be Administrator or member of group Administrators to run this
    > tool.
    >

    > "mab" <mab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I've try this and it didn't work. I ran a system repair and that didn't
    > work
    > > either.
    > >
    > > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Access to Disk Manager Is Denied
    > > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264910
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > > >
    > > > Wes
    > > > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > > >
    > > > In news:E8AAFB87-7EC1-4E4C-9B35-8B2B801770D4@microsoft.com,
    > > > mab <mab@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    I know perhaps this is not your exact situation, but I just ran into
    the same error. I had just loaded XP SP2 and joined my domain. The
    domain controller is a Server 2003 system with heavy domain policies
    set. I was getting that exact error whenever I tried to access my Disk
    Management. Nothing helped I found online. Since I had the luxury of
    "unjoining" the domain I did so. When I returned to a local WORKGROUP,
    my Disk Management worked just fine. About that time that annoying
    Firewall stuff from the Tray started popping up. So I disabled the
    Firewall completely and unchecked all those Notify Me boxes. (We are
    already behind a Cisco PIX and have all kind of other security measures
    in place anyway.) Lastly, I rejoined the Domain, rebooted, logged in
    as the Domain Admin and now the Disk Management is working fine. After
    I booted up again in the Domain I ran "firewall.cpl" to see if it was
    still off. Sure enought it was.

    I am not sure which thing I did fixed it i.e. disjoining and rejoining
    or cutting off the firewall prior to rejoining.

    Go Figure. :)

    mab wrote:
    > I know you have to be an Administrator to run the tool. This doesn't help
    > I'm running it as administrator.
    >
    > "John7" wrote:
    >
    > > You must be Administrator or member of group Administrators to run this
    > > tool.
    > >

    > > "mab" <mab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > I've try this and it didn't work. I ran a system repair and that didn't
    > > work
    > > > either.

    Thanks for the help George but that didn't work either.

    "george.e.sullivan@saic.com" wrote:

    > I know perhaps this is not your exact situation, but I just ran into
    > the same error. I had just loaded XP SP2 and joined my domain. The
    > domain controller is a Server 2003 system with heavy domain policies
    > set. I was getting that exact error whenever I tried to access my Disk
    > Management. Nothing helped I found online. Since I had the luxury of
    > "unjoining" the domain I did so. When I returned to a local WORKGROUP,
    > my Disk Management worked just fine. About that time that annoying
    > Firewall stuff from the Tray started popping up. So I disabled the
    > Firewall completely and unchecked all those Notify Me boxes. (We are
    > already behind a Cisco PIX and have all kind of other security measures
    > in place anyway.) Lastly, I rejoined the Domain, rebooted, logged in
    > as the Domain Admin and now the Disk Management is working fine. After
    > I booted up again in the Domain I ran "firewall.cpl" to see if it was
    > still off. Sure enought it was.
    >
    > I am not sure which thing I did fixed it i.e. disjoining and rejoining
    > or cutting off the firewall prior to rejoining.
    >
    > Go Figure. :)
    >

    > mab wrote:
    > > I know you have to be an Administrator to run the tool. This doesn't help
    > > I'm running it as administrator.
    > >
    > > "John7" wrote:
    > >
    > > > You must be Administrator or member of group Administrators to run this
    > > > tool.
    > > >

    > > > "mab" <mab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > work

Support Microsoft Windows XP