Linksys WUSB54G wireless adapter cannot access internet

Hi, I just bought a Linksys WUSB54G wireless adapter, it works fine, I
can see the networks and it shows good signal strength. I am
accessing school's WiFi network (802.11 11 Mbps) through it. The only
problem it that I cannot use it either for Browser or FTP or any other
application. Any advice on what is causing this problem and how to fix
it will be appreciated as Liknksys support staff themselves have no
clue!
1 answer Last reply
More about linksys wusb54g wireless adapter access internet

    musicboy333@yahoo.com (bobber) wrote in

    > Hi, I just bought a Linksys WUSB54G wireless adapter, it works fine, I
    > can see the networks and it shows good signal strength. I am
    > accessing school's WiFi network (802.11 11 Mbps) through it. The only
    > problem it that I cannot use it either for Browser or FTP or any other
    > application. Any advice on what is causing this problem and how to fix
    > it will be appreciated as Liknksys support staff themselves have no
    > clue!

    You determine if the card is getting a IP from a DHCP server on the
    network. If the card is getting an IP that starts with 169, then it may
    indicate the O/S and the NIC are having trouble due to some kind of mis-
    configuration of the NIC. Can you access anything when the machine is using
    a wire connection? IPconfig /all will show the IP the machine is using.

    Duane :)

Linksys Wireless Adapter Internet Wireless Networking