System 32 corrupt or missing file

Windows XP Pro

well i,ve exhausted every avenue i can think of in regards to this problem,
I appear to have had a major sysytems crash but cannot find any reason for
it. I have tried every conceivable way of rebooting but the error message
\WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEMS still appears to be the problem can anyone
shed some light on the reason for this and if possible some way of finding
the missing file or repairing it once i have found where it is
--
Of those who respond I thankyou for your help knowledge and insight
4 answers Last reply

    How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from
    starting
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:D13DB827-6831-4416-80FF-73C311D12F95@microsoft.com,
    christo <christo@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Windows XP Pro
    >
    > well i,ve exhausted every avenue i can think of in regards to this
    > problem, I appear to have had a major sysytems crash but cannot find any
    > reason for it. I have tried every conceivable way of rebooting but the
    > error message \WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEMS still appears to be the
    > problem can anyone shed some light on the reason for this and if possible
    > some way of finding the missing file or repairing it once i have found
    > where it is --
    > Of those who respond I thankyou for your help knowledge and insight

    Hi wesley, well i tried to carry out the link that you gave but i cannot even
    get my system to boot from the disk in order to get the restore or recovery
    option
    --

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from
    > starting
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:D13DB827-6831-4416-80FF-73C311D12F95@microsoft.com,
    > christo <christo@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Windows XP Pro
    > >
    > > well i,ve exhausted every avenue i can think of in regards to this
    > > problem, I appear to have had a major sysytems crash but cannot find any
    > > reason for it. I have tried every conceivable way of rebooting but the
    > > error message \WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEMS still appears to be the
    > > problem can anyone shed some light on the reason for this and if possible
    > > some way of finding the missing file or repairing it once i have found
    > > where it is --
    > > Of those who respond I thankyou for your help knowledge and insight

    christo,

    [[Warning Do not use the procedure that is described in this article if your
    computer has an OEM-installed operating system. The system hive on OEM
    installations creates passwords and user accounts that did not exist
    previously. If you use the procedure that is described in this article, you
    may not be able to log back into the recovery console to restore the
    original registry hives. ]]
    How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from
    starting
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

    In the BIOS the CD-ROM should be set to First Boot Device or Second Boot
    Device.

    BIOS | Boot Sequence. This may or may not be under Advanced Settings. You
    need to check the manual that came with your machine.

    How to boot from a CD.

    Accessing Motherboard BIOS
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

    Boot Sequence
    http://www.pcguide.com/ref/mbsys/bios/set/advBoot-c.html

    BIOS Settings - Advanced Features
    http://www.pcguide.com/ref/mbsys/bios/set/adv.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:35164584-9689-4D33-9299-280C2F97ADD8@microsoft.com,
    christo <christo@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi wesley, well i tried to carry out the link that you gave but i cannot
    > even get my system to boot from the disk in order to get the restore or
    > recovery option
    > --
    > Of those who respond I thankyou for your help knowledge and insight
    >

    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from
    >> starting
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:D13DB827-6831-4416-80FF-73C311D12F95@microsoft.com,
    >> christo <christo@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Windows XP Pro
    >>>
    >>> well i,ve exhausted every avenue i can think of in regards to this
    >>> problem, I appear to have had a major sysytems crash but cannot find any
    >>> reason for it. I have tried every conceivable way of rebooting but the
    >>> error message \WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEMS still appears to be the
    >>> problem can anyone shed some light on the reason for this and if
    >>> possible some way of finding the missing file or repairing it once i
    >>> have found where it is --
    >>> Of those who respond I thankyou for your help knowledge and insight
  4. How to repair my windows XP if files hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe was corrupt or missing?because if I was start up just in WindowsXP loading,no next...So I should restar my computer..and same...
    Email me/my YM: yunie_christ@yahoo.com
    Thanx.GBU all...

System32 Windows XP