Looking for a new laptop to use until I get my dream Alienware in 2014. My main desire is to be able to play The Sims 3 on high settings.
1. What is your budget?
Ideally under £550
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
No smaller than 15"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Sims 3 + all expansions on high
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photo editing, and other basic tasks (Internet use, film and music playback, word processing etc)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
No preference, though 500GB upwards would be nice
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 1 year
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No preference, though I haven't had good luck with HP in the past.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'm really looking for a 2.0Ghz or higher processor, and even more importantly 8GB RAM. At the very least it needs to be upgradable to that level. I'm open to laptops with an RRP somewhat higher than £550 as I know that's quite low for what I want and I don't mind picking up something used. Windows 7 or Windows 8 are both fine for me.
I think all of these would be a good option just have a look around and compare the graphics cards. You have so many options for the price I would go and really compare components mainly the graphics card.