desktop scrolling

Neo

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2003

ok so i was in best buy the other day and i saw a tosiaba laptop and i
relized that when i moved the mouse to the edge of th screen the actual
desktop would scroll. so i looked around on the internet and i could not find
anything i was just wondering if you have to have special software for this
and if so where can i get it. im running on a 5700 nvidia card with windows
xp home edition pentium 4 with service pack 2

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> ok so i was in best buy the other day and i saw a tosiaba
> laptop and i
> relized that when i moved the mouse to the edge of th screen
> the actual
> desktop would scroll. so i looked around on the internet and i
> could not find
> anything i was just wondering if you have to have special
> software for this
> and if so where can i get it. im running on a 5700 nvidia card
> with windows
> xp home edition pentium 4 with service pack 2

You need to lower your desktop resolution, this is what happens when
you set your desktop res two high on laptops (most of the time), my
cloned TV also dose this, since my desk res is 1600X1200 and the TV
output only supports up to 1024X768.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-desktop-scrolling-ftopict398098.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1313873

http://www.nvidia.com/object/feature_nview.html ?

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:01:01 -0700, neo wrote:

> ok so i was in best buy the other day and i saw a tosiaba laptop and i
> relized that when i moved the mouse to the edge of th screen the actual
> desktop would scroll. so i looked around on the internet and i could not find
> anything i was just wondering if you have to have special software for this
> and if so where can i get it. im running on a 5700 nvidia card with windows
> xp home edition pentium 4 with service pack 2

This feature has been around for quite some time. If available, it is
something provided by the display drivers - not Windows. If I remember
correctly, there will be an extra option to "expand" the desktop in Display
properties> Settings (grouped with the "extend desktop" and "primary
monitor" options).

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

xenolux

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
I have programmed a way to enable scrolling desktops for windows.
If you need a scrolling desktop on XP or Windows 7 its no Problem ....
Try my sollution on http://ynea.futureware.at

Some knows about the function of some graphic cards which allow you to have a scrolling desktop,
this is exactly that what my Tool will do,
at Problems ask me ...

greetz Xenolux

That's pretty clever. It actually works. :)

I like that the desktop shortcuts stay put and all open windows do the moving.

I also like the various ways of making the open windows move.

You did real good. This need to be posted in a new thread though.