Deleting old user account information after it has been sa..

I deleted a user account on my computer today. I decided to save the files
and it put it on my desktop as a folder. I went through the folder and got
everything I wanted. Now I can't delete the folder. It keeps telling me
there is a sharing violation or something... because another user may be
using it... How do I delete this folder?
2 answers Last reply
More about deleting user account information

    "SobaMan" <SobaMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I deleted a user account on my computer today. I decided to save the files
    > and it put it on my desktop as a folder. I went through the folder and
    > got
    > everything I wanted. Now I can't delete the folder. It keeps telling me
    > there is a sharing violation or something... because another user may be
    > using it... How do I delete this folder?

    Try this:

    http://xrl.us/gs24 (Link to support.microsoft.com)

    --

    Falcon:
    fide, sed cui vide. (L)

    BILL GATES GOT PIED!!

    "Falcon" wrote:

    > "SobaMan" <SobaMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I deleted a user account on my computer today. I decided to save the files
    > > and it put it on my desktop as a folder. I went through the folder and
    > > got
    > > everything I wanted. Now I can't delete the folder. It keeps telling me
    > > there is a sharing violation or something... because another user may be
    > > using it... How do I delete this folder?
    >
    > Try this:
    >
    > How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP
    > http://xrl.us/gs24 (Link to support.microsoft.com)
    >
    > --
    >
    > Falcon:
    > fide, sed cui vide. (L)
    > [I know that you believe that you understood what you think I wrote, but I
    > am not sure you realise that what you read is not what I meant.]

    Thanks for the help... unfortunately it didn't work. However I did manage
    to solve the problem.

    I removed the sharing properties of the folder... it took a lot of button
    clicking on "Advanced" buttons... but I found something that worked. Thanks
    again though!

Microsoft Windows XP