Deleting old user account information after it has been sa..

July 19, 2005 9:12:09 PM

I deleted a user account on my computer today. I decided to save the files
and it put it on my desktop as a folder. I went through the folder and got
everything I wanted. Now I can't delete the folder. It keeps telling me
there is a sharing violation or something... because another user may be
using it... How do I delete this folder?
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 4:16:38 AM

"SobaMan" <SobaMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I deleted a user account on my computer today. I decided to save the files
> and it put it on my desktop as a folder. I went through the folder and
> got
> everything I wanted. Now I can't delete the folder. It keeps telling me
> there is a sharing violation or something... because another user may be
> using it... How do I delete this folder?

Try this:

http://xrl.us/gs24 (Link to support.microsoft.com)

--

Falcon:
fide, sed cui vide. (L)

BILL GATES GOT PIED!!

"Falcon" wrote:

> "SobaMan" <SobaMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I deleted a user account on my computer today. I decided to save the files
> > and it put it on my desktop as a folder. I went through the folder and
> > got
> > everything I wanted. Now I can't delete the folder. It keeps telling me
> > there is a sharing violation or something... because another user may be
> > using it... How do I delete this folder?
>
> Try this:
>
> How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP
> http://xrl.us/gs24 (Link to support.microsoft.com)
>
> --
>
> Falcon:
> fide, sed cui vide. (L)
> [I know that you believe that you understood what you think I wrote, but I
> am not sure you realise that what you read is not what I meant.]

Thanks for the help... unfortunately it didn't work. However I did manage
to solve the problem.

I removed the sharing properties of the folder... it took a lot of button
clicking on "Advanced" buttons... but I found something that worked. Thanks
again though!
!