Two Numbers on One Nextel?

I've had the same home number for years and would hate to lose it as it's
been my main number for longer than I care to remember. I may be moving
soon to a new area where my landline number would not transfer to, so I'd
have to get a new home number. I understand that our local numbers CAN be
ported to wireless, but for some reason, not another non-wireless area.

Would it be possible to add my local number to my existing phone (i.e keep
the current cellular number and add a second number to it). If so, what are
the surcharges of doing so?

Thanks!

"B. Case" <duckie74@yahoo.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
> I've had the same home number for years and would hate to lose it as it's
> been my main number for longer than I care to remember. I may be moving
> soon to a new area where my landline number would not transfer to, so I'd
> have to get a new home number. I understand that our local numbers CAN be
> ported to wireless, but for some reason, not another non-wireless area.

> Would it be possible to add my local number to my existing phone (i.e keep
> the current cellular number and add a second number to it). If so, what
> are
> the surcharges of doing so?
>
> Thanks!

Yes you could get a 2nd line of service on your Nextel phone and keep that
landline as the 2nd number. Rates vary depending on how many minutes you
want.

Alternate lines of service for Nextel start at $19.99 and go up to $59.99
currently they are offering Unlimited N&Wknd mins on these lines.

It is possible to have 2 numbers on one nextel unit. Your main number
you have now remains on line 1 which is your primary line, and the
number you want to bring to nextel is on line 2. Now your line 2 does
not have its own voice mail, but you can have your calls coming in on
line 2 directed to your line 1 voice mail box. Your choices for a price
plan are limited however, you can only have alternate line pp , they
are not to costly and have no service agreements to it. Hope this
helped you out !

--
Social
http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t119842.html