Sign in with
Your question

Print job does not delete after printing

Last response: in Windows 7
July 13, 2010 10:39:27 PM

I have a 2200 hplaserJet printer/xp os. What's been happening is after I printed Job1 and then job2, the jobs do not get deleted, they stay in the print queue. Then, next day, when i print another job3, job1 and job 2 will print first and then the job3. The rest of the day is ok with others jobs. The jobs will delete manually, but this is a pain.
My question is how do I resolve this problem. Is it a xp, HP, or a Word glitch? John b Good
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
July 13, 2010 11:08:02 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Go to the printer's properties and check if u don't have enable and option that says "keep the job in the memory" or something like that if I'm right disable it and try again.
m
l
July 14, 2010 12:43:26 AM

I look thru the printer properties, General tab, sharing tab, Ports tab, advanced tab and configure tab and could not find "keep the job in memory" to disable it. What do i try now?

saint19 said:
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Go to the printer's properties and check if u don't have enable and option that says "keep the job in the memory" or something like that if I'm right disable it and try again.

m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
July 14, 2010 1:09:09 AM

Uninstall the printer, delete the driver (with Driver Sweeper) reboot the rig and install the printer again.
m
l
!