Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to cl..

July 19, 2005 10:30:03 PM

Every time i go into my documents i get an error msg and it closes
immediately, this is the error signature.... i dont know what else you will
need to help me just let me know.
AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: mpeg2dmx.ax
ModVer: 2.0.84.30429 Offset: 0000dff3
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 11:27:02 PM

hi dblair,

The module mpeg2dmx.ax seems to be causing the issue. Its usually a part
of some third party media software(eg: aurora media )...try uninstalling any
media software which uses this module..
or
Search for the file "mpeg2dmx.ax" and delete the file.
This shoudl resolve the issue.

Cheers,
RnJ

"dblair9" wrote:

> Every time i go into my documents i get an error msg and it closes
> immediately, this is the error signature.... i dont know what else you will
> need to help me just let me know.
> AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: mpeg2dmx.ax
> ModVer: 2.0.84.30429 Offset: 0000dff3
July 20, 2005 8:21:39 AM

dblair9 wrote:
> Every time i go into my documents i get an error msg and it closes
> immediately, this is the error signature.... i dont know what else you will
> need to help me just let me know.
> AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: mpeg2dmx.ax
> ModVer: 2.0.84.30429 Offset: 0000dff3

mpeg2dmx.ax is a mpeg2 videocodec. Try to reinstall the codec. If this
not work get professional help at http://www.remote-fixit.com

Freddy
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:24:32 PM

It's caused by a third-party Codec (mpeg2dmx.ax) and removing it might help:
http://www.google.co.in/search?q=mpeg2dmx%2Eax

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org