Trying to reclaim space used by a partition...

July 19, 2005 11:52:04 PM

Hello all, new here...

I recently bought a computer from this guy who didn't know anything about
computers. He had the drive partitioned...C and a useless D drive that was
using up space that is much needed on C. I have partitioned drives before on
Win9x systems with no problem, but I think I screwed up using DiskPart.exe

I removed the volume, therefore removing the D drive....but I didn't get the
space back...so the space is just sitting there. Can anyone help me with the
right command to reclaim the space?
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 1:49:57 AM

You can not merge with C with Windows native tools.
If you want to merge them you need a 3rd party program:
http://www.bootitng.com/
http://www.symantec.com/partitionmagic/

However since the computer is new to you, you are better off performing a
Clean Installation:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/cleanxp.htm
A Clean Installation will help make sure you have a clean computer free of
malware and other problems.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar