Trying to reclaim space used by a partition...

Hello all, new here...

I recently bought a computer from this guy who didn't know anything about
computers. He had the drive partitioned...C and a useless D drive that was
using up space that is much needed on C. I have partitioned drives before on
Win9x systems with no problem, but I think I screwed up using DiskPart.exe

I removed the volume, therefore removing the D drive....but I didn't get the
space back...so the space is just sitting there. Can anyone help me with the
right command to reclaim the space?
1 answer Last reply
More about trying reclaim space partition

    You can not merge with C with Windows native tools.
    If you want to merge them you need a 3rd party program:
    http://www.bootitng.com/
    http://www.symantec.com/partitionmagic/

    However since the computer is new to you, you are better off performing a
    Clean Installation:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/cleanxp.htm
    A Clean Installation will help make sure you have a clean computer free of
    malware and other problems.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "dark_mage_" <dark_mage_@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello all, new here...
    >
    > I recently bought a computer from this guy who didn't know anything about
    > computers. He had the drive partitioned...C and a useless D drive that was
    > using up space that is much needed on C. I have partitioned drives before
    > on
    > Win9x systems with no problem, but I think I screwed up using DiskPart.exe
    >
    > I removed the volume, therefore removing the D drive....but I didn't get
    > the
    > space back...so the space is just sitting there. Can anyone help me with
    > the
    > right command to reclaim the space?

Partition Windows XP