BEFW11S4 v. 3.2 Installation CD/Software Needed

Tags:
  • CD-Rom
  • Software
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 9, 2004 12:43:41 AM

Would anyone out there happen to have the Installation CD that I could
download, or tell me where to find it. Linksys doesn't have it on
their site, and I don't know where mine is at (double move across
country).

Thanks in advance

Scott

More about : befw11s4 installation software needed

Anonymous
May 9, 2004 4:52:53 AM

Scott Oldre wrote:

> Would anyone out there happen to have the Installation CD that I could
> download, or tell me where to find it. Linksys doesn't have it on
> their site, and I don't know where mine is at (double move across
> country).
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Scott

I don't know for sure but I don't think there is an installation CD. You
just setup your router using the web interface at http://192.168.1.1.
Instructions on how to do it can be found at
http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&sci...

--Mitchua
Anonymous
May 9, 2004 5:29:06 PM

Scott Oldre wrote:
> Would anyone out there happen to have the Installation CD that I could
> download, or tell me where to find it. Linksys doesn't have it on
> their site, and I don't know where mine is at (double move across
> country).
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Scott

There is so little to configure right out of the box that it should work
if just plugged back into the modem and LAN. Barring that, hold the
reset button in while powered will reset to factory.

May 9, 2004 6:21:11 PM

That is correct. I had this router, and never did need to use the CD. The
Quick Install PDF file on the Linksys site will get you up and running.
Here's the link for the WinXP install: Click here to get your Windows XP
Quick Install.

"Mitchua" <mitchuaNOSPAM@hush.com> wrote in message
> Scott Oldre wrote:
>
> > Would anyone out there happen to have the Installation CD that I could
> > download, or tell me where to find it. Linksys doesn't have it on
> > their site, and I don't know where mine is at (double move across
> > country).
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Scott
>
> I don't know for sure but I don't think there is an installation CD. You
> just setup your router using the web interface at http://192.168.1.1.
> Instructions on how to do it can be found at
> http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&sci...
>
> --Mitchua
Anonymous
May 9, 2004 9:36:52 PM

Quaoar wrote:

> Scott Oldre wrote:
>> Would anyone out there happen to have the Installation CD that I could
>> download, or tell me where to find it. Linksys doesn't have it on
>> their site, and I don't know where mine is at (double move across
>> country).
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Scott
>
> There is so little to configure right out of the box that it should work
> if just plugged back into the modem and LAN. Barring that, hold the
> reset button in while powered will reset to factory.
....but if you do that, ANYONE in the neighbourhood will be able to "steal"
your internet access. Take the time, secure your wifi.

--Mitchua
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 11:18:21 AM

Mitchua wrote:
> Quaoar wrote:
>
>> Scott Oldre wrote:
>>> Would anyone out there happen to have the Installation CD that I
>>> could download, or tell me where to find it. Linksys doesn't have
>>> it on their site, and I don't know where mine is at (double move
>>> across country).
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Scott
>>
>> There is so little to configure right out of the box that it should
>> work if just plugged back into the modem and LAN. Barring that,
>> hold the reset button in while powered will reset to factory.
> ...but if you do that, ANYONE in the neighbourhood will be able to
> "steal" your internet access. Take the time, secure your wifi.
>
> --Mitchua

The objective here is to get the OP connected with the router. He can
then configure to his heart's content after he has at least a
connection. One cannot do the entire op in one step.