Why is Norton Worm protection concidered a firewall by XP ??

This was driving me crazy xp was saying i had a firewall up. Yet i
only had xp firewall and thatwas turned off. Finaly turned my brain on
and read the fine print in the windows security centre and it says
Norton Worm whatever.

Went into norton and turned it off and now my Firewall is off :) WOOO
HOOOOOOO.

Ive got a nat Router so thats all i want or need i would think.

Thanks for any info.
2 answers Last reply
More about norton worm protection concidered firewall

    A NAT reuter is not sufficient protection.

    I dont understand the rest of the Q

    "Son Of Sheep." <sheep.com.au> wrote in message

    > This was driving me crazy xp was saying i had a firewall up. Yet i
    > only had xp firewall and thatwas turned off. Finaly turned my brain on
    > and read the fine print in the windows security centre and it says
    > Norton Worm whatever.
    >
    > Went into norton and turned it off and now my Firewall is off :) WOOO
    > HOOOOOOO.
    >
    > Ive got a nat Router so thats all i want or need i would think.
    >
    > Thanks for any info.

    You need the HARDWARE firewall in the router up and running. (I would
    suggest if it is a wireless router to change the password and reconfigure it
    to not broadcast SSID and to recognize only your specific MAC#'s). You ALSO
    need a SOFTWARE firewall like Norton's (windows XP has one but it only scans
    incoming not outgoing traffic like Norton or Zonealarm etc.) Only run ONE
    software router however as they may conflict with one another. Does this
    help????

    Robert

    "Son Of Sheep." <sheep.com.au> wrote in message

    > This was driving me crazy xp was saying i had a firewall up. Yet i
    > only had xp firewall and thatwas turned off. Finaly turned my brain on
    > and read the fine print in the windows security centre and it says
    > Norton Worm whatever.
    >
    > Went into norton and turned it off and now my Firewall is off :) WOOO
    > HOOOOOOO.
    >
    > Ive got a nat Router so thats all i want or need i would think.
    >
    > Thanks for any info.

Firewalls Norton Windows XP