Bluescreen crash w/Geforce pro and AMD 1.2 GHz

G

I've got a : GeForce Pro, Abit KT7a motherboard, and an AMD 1.2Ghz. At any random time I get "fatal exception 0E at 0028:xxxxxxxx" errors. I flashed my motherboard and card to their latest bioses and still the same error appears. Does anybody know what I can do? Thanks in advance for any help.

mjdunn

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2001
What OS are you using? Is this a fresh install or a drive you have had for ever? What software do you have installed?

Try installing another OS or re-install the one you are using.

G

I am using windows ME, but I got the exact same errors on win98, win98 se, and win2000. No software installed. I completely formatted my drive every time I installed an OS, and the problem still happens.

I have 2 questions: I have an ABIT KT7a, what VIA drivers should I download? And how do you manually assign IRQ's?

FUBAR

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
Who makes your geofrce pro. I have a Hercules 3d propet II pro and I had to send back my first card. If your serial no. has this at the beginning, 5058430 then you have a revision of the card which is incompatible with the KT7A mobos. If this is the case then you are very lucky because mine wouldn't even post. More info at http://www.geocities.com/runobie/
from the KT7A Faq.
To fix it just phone tech support and tell them that you have a KT7A and this card. They'll send you an updated revision.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by fubar on 03/30/01 04:09 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

My card is a Creative GeForce Pro. I'll see if I can find more info on the KT7a-GeForce incompatibility. Thanks