When Installing IDE Drivers..."driver is intended for this..

This is after I reboot and Windows XP searches for the drivers. I tried using
my XP CD and that did not work either. Thanks for any help.
5 answers Last reply
More about when installing drivers driver intended this

    The information you supplied is a bit sparce, could you provide more
    information including what device the driver is for and the entire text
    of the error message.

    The device driver is for my DVD-ROM and DVD-ROM/RW drive located on my
    primary and secondary IDE channels.

    The error message that windows give me upon failing to update the drivers is -

    ------------
    "There was a problem installing this hardware

    IDE device

    An error occured during the installation of the device.
    Driver is not intended for this platform"
    -------------

    "GreenieLeBrun" wrote:

    > The information you supplied is a bit sparce, could you provide more
    > information including what device the driver is for and the entire text
    > of the error message.

    You normally do not require drivers for these devices in XP.
    Try removing the devices from Device Manager and let XP refind them.
    Make sure first that all the power cables are correctly seated in the
    devices and that the data cable are plugged in correctly to the device
    and the motherboard.

    you will need the cd that came with your motherboard to install the ide
    drivers or download them from mobo manu site
    --
    there are no problems just challenges

    "GreenieLeBrun" wrote:

    > You normally do not require drivers for these devices in XP.
    > Try removing the devices from Device Manager and let XP refind them.
    > Make sure first that all the power cables are correctly seated in the
    > devices and that the data cable are plugged in correctly to the device
    > and the motherboard.

Drivers Windows XP Support Microsoft