When Installing IDE Drivers..."driver is intended for this..

a b \ Driver
July 20, 2005 2:58:01 AM

This is after I reboot and Windows XP searches for the drivers. I tried using
my XP CD and that did not work either. Thanks for any help.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 20, 2005 3:13:58 AM

The information you supplied is a bit sparce, could you provide more
information including what device the driver is for and the entire text
of the error message.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 20, 2005 3:28:03 AM

The device driver is for my DVD-ROM and DVD-ROM/RW drive located on my
primary and secondary IDE channels.

The error message that windows give me upon failing to update the drivers is -

------------
"There was a problem installing this hardware

IDE device

An error occured during the installation of the device.
Driver is not intended for this platform"
-------------

"GreenieLeBrun" wrote:

> The information you supplied is a bit sparce, could you provide more
> information including what device the driver is for and the entire text
> of the error message.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 20, 2005 3:43:02 AM

You normally do not require drivers for these devices in XP.
Try removing the devices from Device Manager and let XP refind them.
Make sure first that all the power cables are correctly seated in the
devices and that the data cable are plugged in correctly to the device
and the motherboard.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 20, 2005 10:22:05 AM

you will need the cd that came with your motherboard to install the ide
drivers or download them from mobo manu site
--
there are no problems just challenges

!