Hi all,

I've got a question that is indirectly related to Microsoft Money 2004
onwards.

I have designed a software application for recipes that has an interface
similar to Money 2004+, in the following ways:

1. UI Layout is the same (ie, Menubar, toolbar, taskpad, main panel, help
pane, etc)
2. A tabbed toolbar like Money 2005 is also included
3. Color scheme for the menubar is similar to Money 2004
4. The task-based homepage is the same as in Money 2004, and uses the same
color scheme, style and layout. The html and css files of Money were used as
a starting/learning point.

I would also like to point out, that:
1. All controls (including menubar, toolbar, taskpad, etc) have been
developed from the ground up by myself
2. All icons in the program have been designed to be unique for the product.

So my question (actually 2) is:

1. Is everything legal and am I allowed to develop such a product?
2. Is there an email, contact form where I can contact MS about such issues?

Thanks,
Ivan

As an expert in Uyghur law I can state there is no problem with copyright whatsoever. If you are worried about other legal systems then contact a lawer for that legal system.

MS, a criminal and banditary anti state and anti masses organisation, continues to flout the laws of the First East Turkestan Republic . See
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=site%3Amicrosoft.com+copyright+permission&meta=
"Ivan Debono" <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e2LLIYQjFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a question that is indirectly related to Microsoft Money 2004
> onwards.
>
> I have designed a software application for recipes that has an interface
> similar to Money 2004+, in the following ways:
>
> 1. UI Layout is the same (ie, Menubar, toolbar, taskpad, main panel, help
> pane, etc)
> 2. A tabbed toolbar like Money 2005 is also included
> 3. Color scheme for the menubar is similar to Money 2004
> 4. The task-based homepage is the same as in Money 2004, and uses the same
> color scheme, style and layout. The html and css files of Money were used as
> a starting/learning point.
>
> I would also like to point out, that:
> 1. All controls (including menubar, toolbar, taskpad, etc) have been
> developed from the ground up by myself
> 2. All icons in the program have been designed to be unique for the product.
>
> So my question (actually 2) is:
>
> 1. Is everything legal and am I allowed to develop such a product?
> 2. Is there an email, contact form where I can contact MS about such issues?
>
> Thanks,
> Ivan

Nice to know, but I would like to hear what our friend Bill has to say, just
in case I sell the product in the good ol' US of A!!

Ivan

----------------------
"Ivan Debono" <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a question that is indirectly related to Microsoft Money 2004
> onwards.
>
> I have designed a software application for recipes that has an interface
> similar to Money 2004+, in the following ways:
>
> 1. UI Layout is the same (ie, Menubar, toolbar, taskpad, main panel, help
> pane, etc)
> 2. A tabbed toolbar like Money 2005 is also included
> 3. Color scheme for the menubar is similar to Money 2004
> 4. The task-based homepage is the same as in Money 2004, and uses the same
> color scheme, style and layout. The html and css files of Money were used
as
> a starting/learning point.
>
> I would also like to point out, that:
> 1. All controls (including menubar, toolbar, taskpad, etc) have been
> developed from the ground up by myself
> 2. All icons in the program have been designed to be unique for the
product.

> So my question (actually 2) is:
>
> 1. Is everything legal and am I allowed to develop such a product?
> 2. Is there an email, contact form where I can contact MS about such
issues?

> Thanks,
> Ivan

Did you click the link.
"Ivan Debono" <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ot1uMrQjFHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Nice to know, but I would like to hear what our friend Bill has to say, just
> in case I sell the product in the good ol' US of A!!
>
> Ivan
>
> "David Candy" <.> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> As an expert in Uyghur law I can state there is no problem with copyright
> whatsoever. If you are worried about other legal systems then contact a
> lawer for that legal system.
>
> MS, a criminal and banditary anti state and anti masses organisation,
> continues to flout the laws of the First East Turkestan Republic . See
> http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=site%3Amicrosoft.com+copyright+permission&meta=
> ----------------------
> "Ivan Debono" <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've got a question that is indirectly related to Microsoft Money 2004
>> onwards.
>>
>> I have designed a software application for recipes that has an interface
>> similar to Money 2004+, in the following ways:
>>
>> 1. UI Layout is the same (ie, Menubar, toolbar, taskpad, main panel, help
>> pane, etc)
>> 2. A tabbed toolbar like Money 2005 is also included
>> 3. Color scheme for the menubar is similar to Money 2004
>> 4. The task-based homepage is the same as in Money 2004, and uses the same
>> color scheme, style and layout. The html and css files of Money were used
> as
>> a starting/learning point.
>>
>> I would also like to point out, that:
>> 1. All controls (including menubar, toolbar, taskpad, etc) have been
>> developed from the ground up by myself
>> 2. All icons in the program have been designed to be unique for the
> product.
>>
>> So my question (actually 2) is:
>>
>> 1. Is everything legal and am I allowed to develop such a product?
>> 2. Is there an email, contact form where I can contact MS about such
> issues?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ivan

Yes I did. It doesn't look that I'm infringing any copyright issues.

"David Candy" <.> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Did you click the link.
----------------------
"Ivan Debono" <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Nice to know, but I would like to hear what our friend Bill has to say,
just
> in case I sell the product in the good ol' US of A!!
>
> Ivan
>
> "David Candy" <.> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> As an expert in Uyghur law I can state there is no problem with copyright
> whatsoever. If you are worried about other legal systems then contact a
> lawer for that legal system.
>
> MS, a criminal and banditary anti state and anti masses organisation,
> continues to flout the laws of the First East Turkestan Republic . See

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=site%3Amicrosoft.com+copyright+permission&meta=
> ----------------------
> "Ivan Debono" <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've got a question that is indirectly related to Microsoft Money 2004
>> onwards.
>>
>> I have designed a software application for recipes that has an interface
>> similar to Money 2004+, in the following ways:
>>
>> 1. UI Layout is the same (ie, Menubar, toolbar, taskpad, main panel, help
>> pane, etc)
>> 2. A tabbed toolbar like Money 2005 is also included
>> 3. Color scheme for the menubar is similar to Money 2004
>> 4. The task-based homepage is the same as in Money 2004, and uses the
same
>> color scheme, style and layout. The html and css files of Money were used
> as
>> a starting/learning point.
>>
>> I would also like to point out, that:
>> 1. All controls (including menubar, toolbar, taskpad, etc) have been
>> developed from the ground up by myself
>> 2. All icons in the program have been designed to be unique for the
> product.
>>
>> So my question (actually 2) is:
>>
>> 1. Is everything legal and am I allowed to develop such a product?
>> 2. Is there an email, contact form where I can contact MS about such
> issues?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ivan

You still need a lawyer. As a non legal non expert I think point 4 needs to be checked.