Good video card for CADD programs?

G

I am looking for advice from those of you who have CAD experience in programs such as 3d Studio Max, Maya, Softimage, autoCAD, Microstation, etc... I am looking for a good video card that can handle complex scenes. I was hoping that I could get an idea of some cards in the price range of 600 bucks but closer to 300 if possible, even if it takes buying used from ebay. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

G

Geforce 2's are good, really good. They can do pretty good against most professional cards. Also, nvidia has a product line called quadro, these are pretty much just slightly overclocked geforces with special drivers for graphic apps. Great thing is that you can modify a geforce to be a quadro. Check out this link for more info on that. I have not done it yet but when I get my geforce2 I will be.
http://www.geocities.com/tnaw_xtennis/G-Quadro/Spec-test.htm
This link has compares with normal geforces, geforces that have been moded to be quadros and other graphic apps. Have a look. For $250-$300 you can have a $1000 vid card performance.