Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

The local policy of this system does not permit you to log..

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 9:43:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Help I have xp home with sp2 added later. It is a stand alone laptop with no
other computers connected to it.

I can not log on, even in safe mode. How can I overcome this problem.
the error message is in the subject line
July 20, 2005 2:06:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

In news:9573D551-DADD-4CB8-B6C6-4EA255144740@microsoft.com,
jemimah <jemimah@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

> Help I have xp home with sp2 added later. It is a stand alone laptop
> with no other computers connected to it.
>
> I can not log on, even in safe mode. How can I overcome this problem.
> the error message is in the subject line

Can you log on as admin in safe mode? Do you know the password? If not then
this:

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

Yes, it says it's for NT, it will work with 2k, XP, or 2k3 as well.

Else:

How to perform an inplace upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

Galen
--

"But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
without them."

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 12:59:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I tried the Linux programme which changes the password, however the error
message comes up again, it says I can't log in even I have the right password

is it malware???

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:9573D551-DADD-4CB8-B6C6-4EA255144740@microsoft.com,
> jemimah <jemimah@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:
>
> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
>
> > Help I have xp home with sp2 added later. It is a stand alone laptop
> > with no other computers connected to it.
> >
> > I can not log on, even in safe mode. How can I overcome this problem.
> > the error message is in the subject line
>
> Can you log on as admin in safe mode? Do you know the password? If not then
> this:
>
> http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
>
> Yes, it says it's for NT, it will work with 2k, XP, or 2k3 as well.
>
> Else:
>
> How to perform an inplace upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> without them."
>
> Sherlock Holmes
>
>
>
July 21, 2005 4:30:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

In news:35D22B60-A9F6-41AB-8311-C56EE58CF97B@microsoft.com,
jemimah <jemimah@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

> I tried the Linux programme which changes the password, however the
> error message comes up again, it says I can't log in even I have the
> right password
>
> is it malware???
>
> "Galen" wrote:
>
>> In news:9573D551-DADD-4CB8-B6C6-4EA255144740@microsoft.com,
>> jemimah <jemimah@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:
>>
>> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
>>
>>> Help I have xp home with sp2 added later. It is a stand alone laptop
>>> with no other computers connected to it.
>>>
>>> I can not log on, even in safe mode. How can I overcome this
>>> problem. the error message is in the subject line
>>
>> Can you log on as admin in safe mode? Do you know the password? If
>> not then this:
>>
>> http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
>>
>> Yes, it says it's for NT, it will work with 2k, XP, or 2k3 as well.
>>
>> Else:
>>
>> How to perform an inplace upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341
>>
>> Galen
>> --

It could very well be... Try the NTPassword tool in bootable CD format.
Smash out the pass, logon, and scan for malware.

Malware Cleaning :
http://www.kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.ht...

Galen
--

"But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
without them."

Sherlock Holmes
!