USB Wireless Rechargeable Mouse

a b F Wireless
July 20, 2005 10:41:04 AM

I used to use a Trust wireless, recgargeable optical mouse, that kept
charging even when the computer was turend off. I now use a new wireless
desktop set and although the mouse is in a recharge cradle, it only charges
when the comp is turned on. Is there a way I can do sumething to XP to keep
the power turned on to the 4 port USB 2.0 card that I have, when the comp is
switched off at night please? Or any other way for that matter? Please
remeber, I am no computer geek so idiot proof help would be appreciated,
simpleton that I am! Kind regards, Mike.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 20, 2005 11:40:10 AM

Hmmm, that's odd.. I have a Logitech MX700 and the base has its own separate
power. The USB connector isn't standard either. It has a little jack
incorporated in the plug that runs back to the cradle. What mouse/keyboard
combo are you using?

"MickY G" wrote:

> I used to use a Trust wireless, recgargeable optical mouse, that kept
> charging even when the computer was turend off. I now use a new wireless
> desktop set and although the mouse is in a recharge cradle, it only charges
> when the comp is turned on. Is there a way I can do sumething to XP to keep
> the power turned on to the 4 port USB 2.0 card that I have, when the comp is
> switched off at night please? Or any other way for that matter? Please
> remeber, I am no computer geek so idiot proof help would be appreciated,
> simpleton that I am! Kind regards, Mike.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 20, 2005 1:43:39 PM

Sumvision SV-0628C. The Trust mouse had its own power supply adapter as well
but I thought USB supplied the 'juice' and connection? Well, the blue connect
light goes off on the receiver when the comp is turned off, so I presumed
(probably wrongly), that the whole thing had gone off as I have not notced
any re-charge in operation, flashing of the receiver as yet?

"smay28" wrote:

> Hmmm, that's odd.. I have a Logitech MX700 and the base has its own separate
> power. The USB connector isn't standard either. It has a little jack
> incorporated in the plug that runs back to the cradle. What mouse/keyboard
> combo are you using?
>
> "MickY G" wrote:
>
> > I used to use a Trust wireless, recgargeable optical mouse, that kept
> > charging even when the computer was turend off. I now use a new wireless
> > desktop set and although the mouse is in a recharge cradle, it only charges
> > when the comp is turned on. Is there a way I can do sumething to XP to keep
> > the power turned on to the 4 port USB 2.0 card that I have, when the comp is
> > switched off at night please? Or any other way for that matter? Please
> > remeber, I am no computer geek so idiot proof help would be appreciated,
> > simpleton that I am! Kind regards, Mike.
a b F Wireless
July 20, 2005 4:06:02 PM

Their website doesn't offer much in the way of specs.. but I shot 'em an
email anyway.. I'll let you know if I get a response..

Cheers..

"MickY G" wrote:

> Sumvision SV-0628C. The Trust mouse had its own power supply adapter as well
> but I thought USB supplied the 'juice' and connection? Well, the blue connect
> light goes off on the receiver when the comp is turned off, so I presumed
> (probably wrongly), that the whole thing had gone off as I have not notced
> any re-charge in operation, flashing of the receiver as yet?
>
> "smay28" wrote:
>
> > Hmmm, that's odd.. I have a Logitech MX700 and the base has its own separate
> > power. The USB connector isn't standard either. It has a little jack
> > incorporated in the plug that runs back to the cradle. What mouse/keyboard
> > combo are you using?
> >
> > "MickY G" wrote:
> >
> > > I used to use a Trust wireless, recgargeable optical mouse, that kept
> > > charging even when the computer was turend off. I now use a new wireless
> > > desktop set and although the mouse is in a recharge cradle, it only charges
> > > when the comp is turned on. Is there a way I can do sumething to XP to keep
> > > the power turned on to the 4 port USB 2.0 card that I have, when the comp is
> > > switched off at night please? Or any other way for that matter? Please
> > > remeber, I am no computer geek so idiot proof help would be appreciated,
> > > simpleton that I am! Kind regards, Mike.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 20, 2005 4:45:06 PM

Many thanks! Scholar and a gentleman! I hope it does charge without the comp
being on as it looks like another desktop is in order if it don't? Cheers
again! Mike.

"smay28" wrote:

> Their website doesn't offer much in the way of specs.. but I shot 'em an
> email anyway.. I'll let you know if I get a response..
>
> Cheers..
>

> "MickY G" wrote:
>
> > Sumvision SV-0628C. The Trust mouse had its own power supply adapter as well
> > but I thought USB supplied the 'juice' and connection? Well, the blue connect
> > light goes off on the receiver when the comp is turned off, so I presumed
> > (probably wrongly), that the whole thing had gone off as I have not notced
> > any re-charge in operation, flashing of the receiver as yet?
> >
> > "smay28" wrote:
> >
> > > Hmmm, that's odd.. I have a Logitech MX700 and the base has its own separate
> > > power. The USB connector isn't standard either. It has a little jack
> > > incorporated in the plug that runs back to the cradle. What mouse/keyboard
> > > combo are you using?

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 20, 2005 5:16:09 PM

Hi again!
I only just noticed that the red recharge light is glowing faintly. I didnt
notice in the daylight but now darker, I can see it and it definately goes
off when the power to the comp is turned off, So I guess that's it then?
Maybe there isnt a way to allow the USB's to stay on when my machine is
powered down? Cheers again, Mike.

"smay28" wrote:

> Their website doesn't offer much in the way of specs.. but I shot 'em an
> email anyway.. I'll let you know if I get a response..
>
> Cheers..
>

> "MickY G" wrote:
>
> > Sumvision SV-0628C. The Trust mouse had its own power supply adapter as well
> > but I thought USB supplied the 'juice' and connection? Well, the blue connect
> > light goes off on the receiver when the comp is turned off, so I presumed
> > (probably wrongly), that the whole thing had gone off as I have not notced
> > any re-charge in operation, flashing of the receiver as yet?
> >
> > "smay28" wrote:
> >
> > > Hmmm, that's odd.. I have a Logitech MX700 and the base has its own separate
> > > power. The USB connector isn't standard either. It has a little jack
> > > incorporated in the plug that runs back to the cradle. What mouse/keyboard
> > > combo are you using?

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 20, 2005 7:06:07 PM

Hi yet again!

Blind as a bat that I am, I didnt notice that on the side of the
mouse/keyboard receiver it has a very small input socket for a mains adapter!
I have two Nokia chargers which fit and work and the old Trust one that fits
and works as well and all three keep the mouse charged when the machine is
turned off! However, they are all slightly higher ratings than suggested on
the back of the receiver but they work! Do you think this will damage the
receiver until I can get a lower rated adapter? Many thanks, Mike.

"smay28" wrote:

> Their website doesn't offer much in the way of specs.. but I shot 'em an
> email anyway.. I'll let you know if I get a response..
>
> Cheers..
>

> "MickY G" wrote:
>
> > Sumvision SV-0628C. The Trust mouse had its own power supply adapter as well
> > but I thought USB supplied the 'juice' and connection? Well, the blue connect
> > light goes off on the receiver when the comp is turned off, so I presumed
> > (probably wrongly), that the whole thing had gone off as I have not notced
> > any re-charge in operation, flashing of the receiver as yet?
> >
> > "smay28" wrote:
> >
> > > Hmmm, that's odd.. I have a Logitech MX700 and the base has its own separate
> > > power. The USB connector isn't standard either. It has a little jack
> > > incorporated in the plug that runs back to the cradle. What mouse/keyboard
> > > combo are you using?

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 20, 2005 7:07:03 PM

BTW, suprisingly enough, it didnt come with an adapter as most of them do so
I will get onto the guy I got it from off of eBay and see if he has the
adapter? Mike.

"smay28" wrote:

> Their website doesn't offer much in the way of specs.. but I shot 'em an
> email anyway.. I'll let you know if I get a response..
>
> Cheers..
>

> "MickY G" wrote:
>
> > Sumvision SV-0628C. The Trust mouse had its own power supply adapter as well
> > but I thought USB supplied the 'juice' and connection? Well, the blue connect
> > light goes off on the receiver when the comp is turned off, so I presumed
> > (probably wrongly), that the whole thing had gone off as I have not notced
> > any re-charge in operation, flashing of the receiver as yet?
> >
> > "smay28" wrote:
> >
> > > Hmmm, that's odd.. I have a Logitech MX700 and the base has its own separate
> > > power. The USB connector isn't standard either. It has a little jack
> > > incorporated in the plug that runs back to the cradle. What mouse/keyboard
> > > combo are you using?

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 21, 2005 1:10:03 PM

Good idea.. get on him.. This is all starting to make sense.. No response
from Sumvision, but I can't for the life of me imagine them producing a
cradle without a separate power supply. Just doesn't make sense.. Who would
want to charge their mouse whilst using the computer.?? Good show in
spotting the jack on the cradle.
Hope you can track down the correct adapter.

Scott

"MickY G" wrote:

> BTW, suprisingly enough, it didnt come with an adapter as most of them do so
> I will get onto the guy I got it from off of eBay and see if he has the
> adapter? Mike.
>
> "smay28" wrote:
>
> > Their website doesn't offer much in the way of specs.. but I shot 'em an
> > email anyway.. I'll let you know if I get a response..
> >
> > Cheers..
> >

> > "MickY G" wrote:
> >
> > > Sumvision SV-0628C. The Trust mouse had its own power supply adapter as well
> > > but I thought USB supplied the 'juice' and connection? Well, the blue connect
> > > light goes off on the receiver when the comp is turned off, so I presumed
> > > (probably wrongly), that the whole thing had gone off as I have not notced
> > > any re-charge in operation, flashing of the receiver as yet?

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 21, 2005 3:46:04 PM

Hi Scott

I did get a response from him in the end and he said that no adapter came
with the desktop combo originally (apparently) , which as you rightly say, is
very odd as most, if not all of the other brands, do supply an adapter and
why put a charge socket on the cradle if you are not going to supply an
adapter with it? Hmmm, strange? I only use this temporary adapter at night as
it tends to get the cradle rather warm if left on too long but I am sure I
can get a suitable one from my local PC shop, or even eBay? Many thanks for
your kind advice and help.

Regards
Mike

"smay28" wrote:

> Good idea.. get on him.. This is all starting to make sense.. No response
> from Sumvision, but I can't for the life of me imagine them producing a
> cradle without a separate power supply. Just doesn't make sense.. Who would
> want to charge their mouse whilst using the computer.?? Good show in
> spotting the jack on the cradle.
> Hope you can track down the correct adapter.
>
> Scott
>
> "MickY G" wrote:
>
> > BTW, suprisingly enough, it didnt come with an adapter as most of them do so
> > I will get onto the guy I got it from off of eBay and see if he has the
> > adapter? Mike.
> >
> > "smay28" wrote:
> >
> > > Their website doesn't offer much in the way of specs.. but I shot 'em an
> > > email anyway.. I'll let you know if I get a response..
> > >
> > > Cheers..

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 22, 2005 9:18:02 AM

My pleasure..
Hope you can source a suitable adapter...

Scott

!