Recycle bin problem

Vincent

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2004

Recycle bin does not display any files after I remove some files. However,
the properties of recycle bin are in normal setting which means that the
removed files will not be deleted immediately. Thus, I do not why that
happen. Can anyone help me?

[[No files may appear in the Recycle Bin if the files in the Recycled folder
are damaged.]]

Run Error Checking. Reboot. Try to empty the Recycle Bin again.

Error Checking (chkdsk.exe).
1. In My Computer or Windows Explorer, right-click the drive you want to
check, and then click Properties.
2. On the Tools tab, click Check Now.
3. Select both of these:

o To run Chkdsk by using the /f parameter, select the Automatically fix file
system errors check box, and then click Start.
[[Specifies whether Windows repairs file-system errors found during disk
checking. All files must be closed for this program to run. If the drive is
currently in use, a message asks if you want to reschedule
the disk checking for the next time you restart your computer. Your drive is
not available to run other tasks while the disk is being checked.]]

o To run Chkdsk by using the /r parameter, select the Scan for and attempt
recovery of bad sectors check box, and then click Start.
[[Specifies whether Windows repairs file-system errors found during disk
checking, locates bad sectors, and recovers readable information. All files
must be closed for this program to run. If the drive is currently in use, a
message asks if you want to reschedule the disk checking for the next time
you restart your computer. Your drive is not available to run other tasks
while the disk is being checked. If you select this option, you do not need
to select Automatically fix file system errors. Windows fixes any errors on
the disk.]]

You have to reboot for Error-checking to run.

For a peek at the log.
Open the Event Viewer...
Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK
Look in Application | Listed as Information |
Event ID: 1001
Source: Winlogon

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.