Closed Solved

Acer Aspire V3 Hard Drive

I'm getting the Acer Aspire V3 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215663) and from reviews I found out that the 5400RPM hard drive wasn't very good. I'm not sure what to look for in a hard drive other than total gbs and RPM, or if it will even be compatible. I just want to know what makes a hard drive compatible and what hard drive would help to improve this laptop (preferably under $100).
Thanks
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about acer aspire hard drive
  1. Best answer
    Find a 2.5" form factor 750gb or less with 7200RPM spindle (the 1 tb's are sometimes too tall for laptops). NewEgg to hard drives, select those components then start doing some comparisons/review readings.

Also, look at the Seagate Momentus XT (750gb new version). It's hybrid and getting some good reviews, but is about $125-150. The 500gb is under $100 but doesn't have near the performance of the 750gb.
  2. On the Acer website it says that the Aspires have "available dual hard drives". Does this change anything about what hard drive I should buy?
  3. If that's the case and yours supports dual, I'd get an SSD as the boot drive, and use the 5400 as a data drive!
  4. Ok, but SSD tends to be smaller and more expensive, so I may just go for your original idea
  5. That works too, and when you get more funds, keep the SSD idea in the forefront of your mind, the speed increase you get is phenomenal.
  6. Best answer selected by fincobb.
  7. Hi :)

CLOSING due to age... but please start another thread if you are still having problems , which I will answer promptly...

All the best Brett :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Acer Aspire Hard Drives Compatibility Laptops Product