D800 Notebook Problems Video and Boot

We have a D800 notebook that was so infested w/ spyware, malware and viruses
that we finally reformatted and upgraded W2K Pro to XP Pro. The default
screen resolution is so high that text is almost impossible to read.. How
can I make the fonts larger without distorting the aspect ratio or
otherwise degrading the image? Make images larger generally? After
formatting the HDD a boot menu appears offering to boot into either W2K or
XP. XP is the only os installed on the notebook. Went into MSCONFIG to
remove the dual boot option but could only reduce the time to three seconds
the menu is on the screen. How do I remove it?

Thanks,

Mike
2 answers Last reply
More about d800 notebook problems video boot

    ng a boot option then you haven't formatted the drive as for the resolution
    you will need to load the correct drives for the machine and not the ones XP
    loads, these should be on a disk that came with the machine and make sure
    you load any chipset drivers required 1st
    "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > We have a D800 notebook that was so infested w/ spyware, malware and
    > viruses that we finally reformatted and upgraded W2K Pro to XP Pro. The
    > default screen resolution is so high that text is almost impossible to
    > read.. How can I make the fonts larger without distorting the aspect
    > ratio or otherwise degrading the image? Make images larger generally?
    > After formatting the HDD a boot menu appears offering to boot into either
    > W2K or XP. XP is the only os installed on the notebook. Went into
    > MSCONFIG to remove the dual boot option but could only reduce the time to
    > three seconds the menu is on the screen. How do I remove it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    This morning no boot menu and no 30mb boot partition.
    Will try loading correct video drivers.

    "Fixer" <steve.h1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > ng a boot option then you haven't formatted the drive as for the
    > resolution you will need to load the correct drives for the machine and
    > not the ones XP loads, these should be on a disk that came with the
    > machine and make sure you load any chipset drivers required 1st
    > "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> We have a D800 notebook that was so infested w/ spyware, malware and
    >> viruses that we finally reformatted and upgraded W2K Pro to XP Pro. The
    >> default screen resolution is so high that text is almost impossible to
    >> read.. How can I make the fonts larger without distorting the aspect
    >> ratio or otherwise degrading the image? Make images larger generally?
    >> After formatting the HDD a boot menu appears offering to boot into either
    >> W2K or XP. XP is the only os installed on the notebook. Went into
    >> MSCONFIG to remove the dual boot option but could only reduce the time to
    >> three seconds the menu is on the screen. How do I remove it?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Mike

Dell Notebooks Boot Windows XP Computers