Printing to Network shared printers

July 20, 2005 3:08:02 PM

I have a number of users who are having a problem printing to certain network
shared printers. The workstations are primarily Windows XP and 1 Windows
2000. The printers appear installed in the Printer folder. They appear in
some applications and don't appear in others. For example, I print from Word
and the printer is listed, I try to print from Outlook and the same printer
is not listed.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the printer and that has not worked.
I have ran Windows Update and Office Update. I have updated the printer
drivers on the Printer Server. I have rebooted the Print Server (which is
Windows 2000).

On one of the PC's I did have trouble deleting the printer, I keep getting
an error messag saying the printer could not be removed. I ended up having
to remove it via the registry.

If anybody has any other suggestions that I may have missed it would be
greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 11:22:09 AM

Well, long distance managment of printers was never easy, but I suggest you run some scripting to give you an idea of what you have
in the Windows system for each client.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources...

If you have never used this kind of script, you just paste the example code into a *.vbs from notepad, and execute it.

--
Mark L. Ferguson

!