Printing to Network shared printers

I have a number of users who are having a problem printing to certain network
shared printers. The workstations are primarily Windows XP and 1 Windows
2000. The printers appear installed in the Printer folder. They appear in
some applications and don't appear in others. For example, I print from Word
and the printer is listed, I try to print from Outlook and the same printer
is not listed.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the printer and that has not worked.
I have ran Windows Update and Office Update. I have updated the printer
drivers on the Printer Server. I have rebooted the Print Server (which is
Windows 2000).

On one of the PC's I did have trouble deleting the printer, I keep getting
an error messag saying the printer could not be removed. I ended up having
to remove it via the registry.

If anybody has any other suggestions that I may have missed it would be
greatly appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about printing network shared printers

    Well, long distance managment of printers was never easy, but I suggest you run some scripting to give you an idea of what you have
    in the Windows system for each client.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/printing.mspx

    If you have never used this kind of script, you just paste the example code into a *.vbs from notepad, and execute it.

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Mike K" <Mike K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB75F56D-3F38-4E7F-BF13-2D9AFC4972E3@microsoft.com...
    >I have a number of users who are having a problem printing to certain network
    > shared printers. The workstations are primarily Windows XP and 1 Windows
    > 2000. The printers appear installed in the Printer folder. They appear in
    > some applications and don't appear in others. For example, I print from Word
    > and the printer is listed, I try to print from Outlook and the same printer
    > is not listed.
    >
    > I have tried deleting and reinstalling the printer and that has not worked.
    > I have ran Windows Update and Office Update. I have updated the printer
    > drivers on the Printer Server. I have rebooted the Print Server (which is
    > Windows 2000).
    >
    > On one of the PC's I did have trouble deleting the printer, I keep getting
    > an error messag saying the printer could not be removed. I ended up having
    > to remove it via the registry.
    >
    > If anybody has any other suggestions that I may have missed it would be
    > greatly appreciated.

Printers Windows XP