Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error!

July 20, 2005 4:31:07 PM

Whenever I open explorer (not IE) and attempt to delete files I get a box
saying: Runtime Error! Program: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe abnormal program
termination (OK). If I click the explorer window the dialogue box disappears
behind the explorer window and I can continue deleting files etc. However
when I finally click the (OK) in the error box, All the Icons on my desktop
disappear for about 15 seconds and then reappear as if nothing is wrong. But
sometimes the icons do not reappear and then I have to use the Ctl-Alt-Del
method to restart the computer. What is happening and how can I fix it
without reinstalling windows XP SP2.

Rich
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 7:20:21 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:
http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69...

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=i...

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware

3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP