First, I am a network admin in a very large domain environment. I have a
user that just recently developed an issue with logging on. Every time she
logs on XP recreates her profile. When she logs off, XP deletes the profile.
Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Error Message Windows Cannot Load Your Profile Because It May Be Corrupted: Go to:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318011

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Xyfor" <Xyfor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07564893-527A-4020-92CE-772B03034F5F@microsoft.com...
> First, I am a network admin in a very large domain environment. I have a
> user that just recently developed an issue with logging on. Every time she
> logs on XP recreates her profile. When she logs off, XP deletes the profile.
> Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

This is not a local profile, it is a domain profile. I have deleted the
profile which forces XP to create a new one, the problem is that everytime
she logs on, the profile gets recreated, just like it was the first time.
Any changes that we made are undone.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Error Message Windows Cannot Load Your Profile Because It May Be Corrupted: Go to:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318011
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "Xyfor" <Xyfor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07564893-527A-4020-92CE-772B03034F5F@microsoft.com...
> > First, I am a network admin in a very large domain environment. I have a
> > user that just recently developed an issue with logging on. Every time she
> > logs on XP recreates her profile. When she logs off, XP deletes the profile.
> > Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Maybe that user profile used the userpasswords2 utility to uncheck the checkbox to force users to use a password.

start/run, type : control userpasswords2

--
Mark L. Ferguson