Repair XML file association

for some reason XML files are no longer working on my system (like in webpages)

does anyone know how i can fix it or get some reg keys that will fix it
i didnt install netscape
thanks

using XP Pro SP2
4 answers Last reply
More about repair file association

    In news:8522F399-8E10-44DA-A84A-7A27E02C084A@microsoft.com,
    Sem <Semekor@hotmail.com> had this to say:

    > for some reason XML files are no longer working on my system (like in
    > webpages)
    >
    > does anyone know how i can fix it or get some reg keys that will fix
    > it
    > i didnt install netscape
    > thanks
    >
    > using XP Pro SP2

    Open Windows Explorer > Tools > Options > File Types > Scroll down to XML >
    Click "Restore" if it's an option. Otherwise if you have Office installed it
    opens with XML Document or Internet Explorer with a normal install.

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    Type in Start, Run:

    regsvr32 msxml3.dll

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Sem" <Semekor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > for some reason XML files are no longer working on my system (like in
    > webpages)
    >
    > does anyone know how i can fix it or get some reg keys that will fix it
    > i didnt install netscape
    > thanks
    >
    > using XP Pro SP2

    Thank you Ramesh it now works perfectly again

    thank you so much

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Type in Start, Run:
    >
    > regsvr32 msxml3.dll
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Sem" <Semekor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > for some reason XML files are no longer working on my system (like in
    > > webpages)
    > >
    > > does anyone know how i can fix it or get some reg keys that will fix it
    > > i didnt install netscape
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > using XP Pro SP2

    You're very welcome Sem.

    --

    > Thank you Ramesh it now works perfectly again
    >
    > thank you so much
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Type in Start, Run:
    >>
    >> regsvr32 msxml3.dll
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Sem" <Semekor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > for some reason XML files are no longer working on my system (like in
    >> > webpages)
    >> >
    >> > does anyone know how i can fix it or get some reg keys that will fix it
    >> > i didnt install netscape
    >> > thanks
    >> >
    >> > using XP Pro SP2

XML Support Microsoft File Association Windows XP