Repair XML file association

sem

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2003

for some reason XML files are no longer working on my system (like in webpages)

does anyone know how i can fix it or get some reg keys that will fix it
i didnt install netscape
thanks

using XP Pro SP2

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:8522F399-8E10-44DA-A84A-7A27E02C084A@microsoft.com,
Sem <Semekor@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> for some reason XML files are no longer working on my system (like in
> webpages)
>
> does anyone know how i can fix it or get some reg keys that will fix
> it
> i didnt install netscape
> thanks
>
> using XP Pro SP2

Open Windows Explorer > Tools > Options > File Types > Scroll down to XML >
Click "Restore" if it's an option. Otherwise if you have Office installed it
opens with XML Document or Internet Explorer with a normal install.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

Type in Start, Run:

regsvr32 msxml3.dll

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Sem" <Semekor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> for some reason XML files are no longer working on my system (like in
> webpages)
>
> does anyone know how i can fix it or get some reg keys that will fix it
> i didnt install netscape
> thanks
>
> using XP Pro SP2

sem

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2003

Thank you Ramesh it now works perfectly again

thank you so much

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Type in Start, Run:
>
> regsvr32 msxml3.dll
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Sem" <Semekor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > for some reason XML files are no longer working on my system (like in
> > webpages)
> >
> > does anyone know how i can fix it or get some reg keys that will fix it
> > i didnt install netscape
> > thanks
> >
> > using XP Pro SP2

You're very welcome Sem.