Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

free alternative to webjal or myjal?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 12:12:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Just curious if anyone knows of one. It seems peculiar to me that the
only way you can possibly upload your own images or ringtones is that
you -have- to pay someone. I just spent how much on a phone and I
can't customize it myself? WTH?

- XiN
May 3, 2004 1:49:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

webjal is free...search on Google
"XiN" <X@i.n> wrote in message
news:q7b990dim742ko28l9i76eqa8aal6u097i@4ax.com...
> Just curious if anyone knows of one. It seems peculiar to me that the
> only way you can possibly upload your own images or ringtones is that
> you -have- to pay someone. I just spent how much on a phone and I
> can't customize it myself? WTH?
>
> - XiN
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 1:49:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Have you tried the iDen update?

All the one`s you`ve mentioned are free.If you run across any snags while
trying to use them,it has happened to all of us,you just have to keep on
tweaking.
Related resources
May 3, 2004 4:47:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

MyJAL is $5. I paid for it. I paid $8 for a cable and i'm set for
everything now. The cost of a couple ring tones.....

There is no phone where you get everyting for free.

On Sun, 02 May 2004 08:12:13 GMT, XiN <X@i.n> wrote:

>Just curious if anyone knows of one. It seems peculiar to me that the
>only way you can possibly upload your own images or ringtones is that
>you -have- to pay someone. I just spent how much on a phone and I
>can't customize it myself? WTH?
>
>- XiN
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 4:47:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

NONE wrote:

> MyJAL is $5. I paid for it. I paid $8 for a cable and i'm set for
> everything now. The cost of a couple ring tones.....
>
> There is no phone where you get everyting for free.
>
> On Sun, 02 May 2004 08:12:13 GMT, XiN <X@i.n> wrote:
>
>
>>Just curious if anyone knows of one. It seems peculiar to me that the
>>only way you can possibly upload your own images or ringtones is that
>>you -have- to pay someone. I just spent how much on a phone and I
>>can't customize it myself? WTH?
>>
>>- XiN
>
>

I read on HoFo that NyJAL is "illegal". Why??

--
Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
http://www.shamikaserver.com
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 11:37:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

On Sun, 02 May 2004 21:49:39 GMT, "Draco" <truck45@aol.com> wrote:

>webjal is free...search on Google

Uhhh he asked for an alternative to webjal.
--
To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 12:44:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

everything is "illegal" on hofo any more. I think it is because
everyone is trying to SELL their own jal loader. Can't sell it if
everyone is talking about a free one on nextelmodz.com or other sites.
So they ban all talk of other products. Found Nextel people don't
mind spending an arm and a leg for monthly service (and $24 a year for
voicemail and caller id when everyone else gets it for free) but can't
front $5 to load unlimited ringtones. So they go were the free stuff
is. They never take into account that the people who post it in their
websites don't get the websites for free!

Don't know this for sure just a really good guess.

"WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message news:<4rjlc.82184$f_5.37884@lakeread01>...
> NONE wrote:
>
> > MyJAL is $5. I paid for it. I paid $8 for a cable and i'm set for
> > everything now. The cost of a couple ring tones.....
> >
> > There is no phone where you get everyting for free.
> >
> > On Sun, 02 May 2004 08:12:13 GMT, XiN <X@i.n> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>Just curious if anyone knows of one. It seems peculiar to me that the
> >>only way you can possibly upload your own images or ringtones is that
> >>you -have- to pay someone. I just spent how much on a phone and I
> >>can't customize it myself? WTH?
> >>
> >>- XiN
> >
> >
>
> I read on HoFo that NyJAL is "illegal". Why??
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 3:59:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

harryt wrote:

> everything is "illegal" on hofo any more. I think it is because
> everyone is trying to SELL their own jal loader. Can't sell it if
> everyone is talking about a free one on nextelmodz.com or other sites.
> So they ban all talk of other products. Found Nextel people don't
> mind spending an arm and a leg for monthly service (and $24 a year for
> voicemail and caller id when everyone else gets it for free) but can't
> front $5 to load unlimited ringtones. So they go were the free stuff
> is. They never take into account that the people who post it in their
> websites don't get the websites for free!
>
> Don't know this for sure just a really good guess.
>

You pay an extra $24 a year for voice mail???

--
Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
http://www.shamikaserver.com
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 2:43:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

There is a guy who set up his own WebJAL server. It works pretty good.
Do a search on nextel.howardforums.com or nextelmodz.com for WEBJal
server by VinnyCuz


On Sun, 02 May 2004 08:12:13 GMT, XiN <X@i.n> wrote:

>Just curious if anyone knows of one. It seems peculiar to me that the
>only way you can possibly upload your own images or ringtones is that
>you -have- to pay someone. I just spent how much on a phone and I
>can't customize it myself? WTH?
>
>- XiN
!