free alternative to webjal or myjal?

Just curious if anyone knows of one. It seems peculiar to me that the
only way you can possibly upload your own images or ringtones is that
you -have- to pay someone. I just spent how much on a phone and I
can't customize it myself? WTH?

- XiN

draco

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2003

webjal is free...search on Google
"XiN" <X@i.n> wrote in message
> Just curious if anyone knows of one. It seems peculiar to me that the
> only way you can possibly upload your own images or ringtones is that
> you -have- to pay someone. I just spent how much on a phone and I
> can't customize it myself? WTH?
>
> - XiN

Have you tried the iDen update?

All the one`s you`ve mentioned are free.If you run across any snags while
trying to use them,it has happened to all of us,you just have to keep on
tweaking.

None

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2002

MyJAL is $5. I paid for it. I paid $8 for a cable and i'm set for
everything now. The cost of a couple ring tones.....

There is no phone where you get everyting for free.

NONE wrote:

> MyJAL is $5. I paid for it. I paid $8 for a cable and i'm set for
> everything now. The cost of a couple ring tones.....
>
> There is no phone where you get everyting for free.
>
> On Sun, 02 May 2004 08:12:13 GMT, XiN <X@i.n> wrote:
>

>>Just curious if anyone knows of one. It seems peculiar to me that the
>>only way you can possibly upload your own images or ringtones is that
>>you -have- to pay someone. I just spent how much on a phone and I
>>can't customize it myself? WTH?
>>
>>- XiN

I read on HoFo that NyJAL is "illegal". Why??

--
Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
http://www.shamikaserver.com

On Sun, 02 May 2004 21:49:39 GMT, "Draco" <truck45@aol.com> wrote:

>webjal is free...search on Google

Uhhh he asked for an alternative to webjal.

everything is "illegal" on hofo any more. I think it is because
everyone is trying to SELL their own jal loader. Can't sell it if
everyone is talking about a free one on nextelmodz.com or other sites.
So they ban all talk of other products. Found Nextel people don't
mind spending an arm and a leg for monthly service (and $24 a year for
voicemail and caller id when everyone else gets it for free) but can't
front $5 to load unlimited ringtones. So they go were the free stuff
is. They never take into account that the people who post it in their
websites don't get the websites for free!

Don't know this for sure just a really good guess.

harryt wrote:

> everything is "illegal" on hofo any more. I think it is because
> everyone is trying to SELL their own jal loader. Can't sell it if
> everyone is talking about a free one on nextelmodz.com or other sites.
> So they ban all talk of other products. Found Nextel people don't
> mind spending an arm and a leg for monthly service (and $24 a year for
> voicemail and caller id when everyone else gets it for free) but can't
> front $5 to load unlimited ringtones. So they go were the free stuff
> is. They never take into account that the people who post it in their
> websites don't get the websites for free!
>
> Don't know this for sure just a really good guess.

You pay an extra $24 a year for voice mail???

--
Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
http://www.shamikaserver.com

There is a guy who set up his own WebJAL server. It works pretty good.
Do a search on nextel.howardforums.com or nextelmodz.com for WEBJal
server by VinnyCuz