Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New MB/No Boot-up

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 8:55:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I replaced my motherboard, and intended to simply install my HD's and go. The
computer will not boot now. It gets to the windows screen and fades out
quickly and re-boots. It will not boot in safe mode either. How to I install
the new MB drivers and get the system to boot?

More about : boot

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 10:58:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Changing a Motherboard or Moving a Hard Drive with XP Installed
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/window...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"sandslinger" wrote:

| I replaced my motherboard, and intended to simply install my HD's and go. The
| computer will not boot now. It gets to the windows screen and fades out
| quickly and re-boots. It will not boot in safe mode either. How to I install
| the new MB drivers and get the system to boot?
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 11:40:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

sandslinger wrote:
> I replaced my motherboard, and intended to simply install my HD's and go. The
> computer will not boot now. It gets to the windows screen and fades out
> quickly and re-boots. It will not boot in safe mode either. How to I install
> the new MB drivers and get the system to boot?


Normally, and assuming a retail license (many OEM installations are
BIOS-locked to a specific chipset and therefore not transferable to a
new motherboard - check yours before starting), unless the new
motherboard is virtually identical (same chipset, same IDE controllers,
same BIOS version, etc.) to the one on which the WinXP installation was
originally performed, you'll need to perform a repair (a.k.a. in-place
upgrade) installation, at the very least:

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=K...;EN-US;Q315341

The "why" is quite simple, really, and has nothing to do with
licensing issues, per se; it's a purely technical matter, at this point.
You've pulled the proverbial hardware rug out from under the OS. (If
you don't like -- or get -- the rug analogy, think of it as picking up a
Cape Cod style home and then setting it down onto a Ranch style
foundation. It just isn't going to fit.) WinXP, like Win2K before it,
is not nearly as "promiscuous" as Win9x when it comes to accepting any
old hardware configuration you throw at it. On installation it
"tailors" itself to the specific hardware found. This is one of the
reasons that the entire WinNT/2K/XP OS family is so much more stable
than the Win9x group.

As always when undertaking such a significant change, back up any
important data before starting.

This will also probably require re-activation, unless you have a
Volume Licensed version of WinXP Pro installed. If it's been more than
120 days since you last activated that specific Product Key, you'll most
likely be able to activate via the Internet without problem. If it's
been less, you might have to make a 5 minute phone call.


--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having
both at once. - RAH
Related resources
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 11:59:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

You need to do a repair installation.
Doing this will not lose your data or programs.
Have a read here:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm




"sandslinger" <sandslinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C4EBC963-2FC4-4387-B156-936484327EDD@microsoft.com...
>I replaced my motherboard, and intended to simply install my HD's and go.
>The
> computer will not boot now. It gets to the windows screen and fades out
> quickly and re-boots. It will not boot in safe mode either. How to I
> install
> the new MB drivers and get the system to boot?
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 11:59:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

When I boot from my XP CD, I do not get the "setup" option. All I get is a
full restore that erases all data, and a command prompt from cd.....that's it.

"RonK" wrote:

> You need to do a repair installation.
> Doing this will not lose your data or programs.
> Have a read here:
> http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
>
>
>
>
> "sandslinger" <sandslinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:C4EBC963-2FC4-4387-B156-936484327EDD@microsoft.com...
> >I replaced my motherboard, and intended to simply install my HD's and go.
> >The
> > computer will not boot now. It gets to the windows screen and fades out
> > quickly and re-boots. It will not boot in safe mode either. How to I
> > install
> > the new MB drivers and get the system to boot?
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 11:59:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

"sandslinger" <sandslinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in:

> When I boot from my XP CD, I do not get the "setup" option. All I get is a
> full restore that erases all data, and a command prompt from cd.....that's
> it.

You apparently do not have an XP CD, it sounds like you're describing a
"restore" CD from the manufacturer that puts the computer back exactly like
it was when you got it, is that what you're using?

--
David R. Norton MVP
<d_r_norton@yahoo.com>
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 11:59:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

You're right. I have a friend that has a retail version of XP...I will borrow
that and see if I can get it to work. I thought about that after my last
post. Thanks for your help.

"David R. Norton MVP" wrote:

> "sandslinger" <sandslinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in:
>
> > When I boot from my XP CD, I do not get the "setup" option. All I get is a
> > full restore that erases all data, and a command prompt from cd.....that's
> > it.
>
> You apparently do not have an XP CD, it sounds like you're describing a
> "restore" CD from the manufacturer that puts the computer back exactly like
> it was when you got it, is that what you're using?
>
> --
> David R. Norton MVP
> <d_r_norton@yahoo.com>
>
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 12:32:50 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

No, you cannot use your friend's "Retail" CD.
You need to purchase another license and proceed
with a "repair install". You invalidated your OEM
Windows XP license by making significant hardware
changes outside the scope of your original OEM license.

Examples:

Microsoft Windows XP HOME Edition With Service Pack 2 - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1683...

Microsoft Windows XP Pro with SP2 Upgrade Software
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=37-116-...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/window...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"sandslinger" wrote:

| You're right. I have a friend that has a retail version of XP...I will borrow
| that and see if I can get it to work. I thought about that after my last
| post. Thanks for your help.
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 3:35:20 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

"sandslinger" <sandslinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in:

> You're right. I have a friend that has a retail version of XP...I will
> borrow that and see if I can get it to work. I thought about that after
> my last post. Thanks for your help.

Carey Frisch has responded with the correct answer but before buying a retail
CD I think I'd contact the maker of your computer and tell them your problem.
I don't think you mentioned the reason you replaced the motherboard but if it
was to replace a defective one under warranty they owe you a working CD. If
you replaced the mother board that was not defective in order to update the
computer, then you will have to buy a copy of Windows and go from there but
I'd still ask the manufacturer to provide you with the CD, they'll probably
refuse but give it a shot! Be nice, be polite, be persuasive!

Good luck!

--
David R. Norton MVP
<d_r_norton@yahoo.com>
!