1. What is your budget?
Under $450 (i know thats not a lot)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Anything Over 14"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable would be preferred
5. How much battery life do you need?
2 hours and up
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photo Editing (Gimp 2.0)
Video Editing (AVS Video Editor)
HD Video Streaming
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
250GB and up
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Futureshop (i have a 25 dollar gift card for there)
Any other reliable canadian computer retailer
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I dont really like acer very much.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Id like the laptop to have one of the following proccesors:
Intel Core i5
Intel Core i7
AMD a6 (but must have a great graphics card for this one)
I know my budget is plain awful, but its all i got
If you find the laptop at future shop, my budget is extended to $470
Your specs aren't too demanding, I'll give you a hint and you can pick it out yourself:
1. Asus, HP or Lenovo (not Acer, Toshiba)
2. 15.6" screen
3. Windows 7/8 64-bit
(if you get Windows 8 get Stardock's Start8 program online for $5)
I recommend staying away from these. If a particular model is being sold refurbished then LOTS of them have failed. There MAY have been a common simple thing that failed and was fixed, or there may be a deeper issue that may cause your laptop to fail in 13 months after your Warranty has expired.