MS Web Developer beta removal

Two moths ago I received an MS email inviting me to try MS Web Developer
(beta). I installed it and a month later I uninstalled it. I used the install
program to uninstall, but found other parts of it left in windows add and
remove programs. Such programs parts (also removed) were SQL server and
software distribution and NET (beta) applications. There are three software
components in add and remove windows components that can not be un-checked
for removal. (COM+) (Distributed Transaction Coordinator) (WMI). Security
issues are 86 attacks in 3 hours in a day on port ms-sql 1433 and I can not
update Norton Internet Security - Windows WMI client. Therefore I am unable
to receive Live Updates for security and virus protection. I blocked port
1433 in my router, but I am now receiving multiple attacks on port 80 and 0
(?). I am running Win XP Pro SP2 and IIS is not installed or running either.
In Administrative tools / Services, after program uninstals, I disabled
(SQLserver – “SQLEXPRESS�) and (MSSQLserverADHELPER). I contacted MS and they
told me that I was not the only case with this problem. The downside is they
want me to pay for trouble ticket. At this point I foresee two options, one
to uninstall the SP2 update which showed me a list of all my installed
programs that will not work after words, and reinstall through windows update
again. Or two, do a clean install, which is a problem already with MS now. I
upgrade my system (parts) all year round and usually end up doing a clean
install once a year. The problem is that I just reinstalled the OS in January
of 05 and they gave me a hard time about registering my legal copy too many
times. “Food for thought� Last year I added a hard drive and upgraded video
card twice, DVD ROM once and added a 27� LCD panel and got locked out of the
control panel until I contacted MS. They issued a new set of numbers I had to
input to enable my system again and god forbid I plug in a USB thumb next.
I’d like to thank you guys in advance for any help on this subject.

Beta's do unpredictable, and usually irrepairable things to the system. I never fouind uninstalling a beta to be much help. Your
easiest solution a rebuild.

--
Mark L. Ferguson