intel wireless 2100 3B adapter connects to network but not..

i am having an infernal time trying to configure my laptop's built-in
intel centrino wireless 2100 3B mini pci adapter to actually permit me
to access the internet on the local wireless network. i have no
problem picking up the signal and configuring the connection - shared
mode, WEP, etc - to connect to the wireless network, but despite using
the exact same TCP/IP configuration that works perfectly with the
ethernet card (NB i have to input all the IP, DNS, etc), i simply
cannot connect to the internet using wireless.

i'm using the proset 7.1.0.0 and the latest drivers for both my
wireless and my ethernet cards. i should mention that proset doesn't
seem to find the ethernet card at all.

any help would be hugely appreciated!
thanks
paul
1 answer Last reply
More about intel wireless 2100 adapter connects network

    paul wrote:
    > i am having an infernal time trying to configure my laptop's built-in
    > intel centrino wireless 2100 3B mini pci adapter to actually permit me
    > to access the internet on the local wireless network. i have no
    > problem picking up the signal and configuring the connection - shared
    > mode, WEP, etc - to connect to the wireless network, but despite using
    > the exact same TCP/IP configuration that works perfectly with the
    > ethernet card (NB i have to input all the IP, DNS, etc), i simply
    > cannot connect to the internet using wireless.
    >
    > i'm using the proset 7.1.0.0 and the latest drivers for both my
    > wireless and my ethernet cards. i should mention that proset doesn't
    > seem to find the ethernet card at all.
    >
    > any help would be hugely appreciated!
    > thanks
    > paul

    From a command prompt type:
    ipconfig[space]/all[space]>C:\ipconfig.txt[enter]

    Post the contents of c:\ipconfig.txt here.

Wireless Connection Ethernet Card Wireless Network Internet Wireless Networking