intel wireless 2100 3B adapter connects to network but not..

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
May 10, 2004 7:13:08 AM

i am having an infernal time trying to configure my laptop's built-in
intel centrino wireless 2100 3B mini pci adapter to actually permit me
to access the internet on the local wireless network. i have no
problem picking up the signal and configuring the connection - shared
mode, WEP, etc - to connect to the wireless network, but despite using
the exact same TCP/IP configuration that works perfectly with the
ethernet card (NB i have to input all the IP, DNS, etc), i simply
cannot connect to the internet using wireless.

i'm using the proset 7.1.0.0 and the latest drivers for both my
wireless and my ethernet cards. i should mention that proset doesn't
seem to find the ethernet card at all.

any help would be hugely appreciated!
thanks
paul
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 10, 2004 11:16:52 AM

paul wrote:
> i am having an infernal time trying to configure my laptop's built-in
> intel centrino wireless 2100 3B mini pci adapter to actually permit me
> to access the internet on the local wireless network. i have no
> problem picking up the signal and configuring the connection - shared
> mode, WEP, etc - to connect to the wireless network, but despite using
> the exact same TCP/IP configuration that works perfectly with the
> ethernet card (NB i have to input all the IP, DNS, etc), i simply
> cannot connect to the internet using wireless.
>
> i'm using the proset 7.1.0.0 and the latest drivers for both my
> wireless and my ethernet cards. i should mention that proset doesn't
> seem to find the ethernet card at all.
>
> any help would be hugely appreciated!
> thanks
> paul

From a command prompt type:
ipconfig[space]/all[space]>C:\ipconfig.txt[enter]

Post the contents of c:\ipconfig.txt here.