I've noticed some problems beginning to surface with Win XP and at first I thought it was just a fluke but now its starting to concern me and I was wondering if others out there have noticed similar things. Heres what I've noticed, say you want to burn a CD any type, audio, data, video, it doesn't matter, the burner doesn't matter, the burning software doesn't matter, you burn one copy, no problems whatsoever, but you multitask to burn anything above one copy at the same time, the machine locks up and the task gets aborted.

The exact same process can be done with Win 98 SE with no problems at all using the same, burners, software, ETC, I'm dual booting by the way, simply because XP is turning out to be no where near as solid as I'd like it to be, and at this point its beginning to concern me a little bit.

The same thing happens when I print multiple high quality, high rez, 8 x 10 photos, print one no problem print more than one trouble, has anyone noticed similar XP troubles.

Will SP2 when it comes out address these issues, or will this kind of thing be ignored by Microsoft, like its done in the past, or is this something only relative to my hardware and no one else is having these problems?

<b><font color=purple>Listing your system specs, will greatly aid us, in being able to help you solve your problem.</font color=purple></b>

alltaken

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2003
can i ask are you using the default XP printing utility and the default XP burner software???

i'm jsut curious because i wouldn't expect these issues using a 3rd party application such as nero 5 for burnig or PS for photos.

Alltaken

No I'm using the printer software and Nero 6 Burning Rom.

<b><font color=purple>Listing your system specs, will greatly aid us, in being able to help you solve your problem.</font color=purple></b>

I've been able to make multiple copies using Roxio 6 with no such issues.

*Shrug* Not sure what to tell you other than make sure Nero is up to date.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

I wonder if its a problem with Nero 6, version 6 is new to the market its been out about 3 months now, so I know all the bugs aren't flushed out yet, but I'm running the latest updates of the software. Are you pleased with Roxio 6s performance and capabilities?

For burning CDs, it's identical to Nero... even a little faster sometimes. The only thing lacking is the DVD Builder... can't customize your menus as much as you can with Nero.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>