MS Java VM

We have been told that we need Microsoft Java VM in order to work with our
website providers program. Would someone know where we might download
Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine? Believe the newest version file is:
"MSJAVX86.exe" and is 5.07MB. I understand about the problem with Sun, etc.,
but understand we can still download the MSJava VM.
We are using WinXPsp2; therefore we would need the MS Java VM that would
work with WinXPsp2.
Please advise and thank you.
8 answers Last reply
More about java

    http://www.download.support.safetec.net/msjavx86/

    "AliceZ" <AliceZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We have been told that we need Microsoft Java VM in order to work with our
    > website providers program. Would someone know where we might download
    > Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine? Believe the newest version file is:
    > "MSJAVX86.exe" and is 5.07MB. I understand about the problem with Sun,
    > etc.,
    > but understand we can still download the MSJava VM.
    > We are using WinXPsp2; therefore we would need the MS Java VM that would
    > work with WinXPsp2.
    > Please advise and thank you.

    Have a look here..
    http://java-virtual-machine.net/download.html

    "John E. Carty" <jecarty@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > http://www.download.support.safetec.net/msjavx86/
    >
    > "AliceZ" <AliceZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> We have been told that we need Microsoft Java VM in order to work with
    >> our
    >> website providers program. Would someone know where we might download
    >> Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine? Believe the newest version file is:
    >> "MSJAVX86.exe" and is 5.07MB. I understand about the problem with Sun,
    >> etc.,
    >> but understand we can still download the MSJava VM.
    >> We are using WinXPsp2; therefore we would need the MS Java VM that would
    >> work with WinXPsp2.
    >> Please advise and thank you.

    Thank you. We are still have a problem getting the download. We have new
    notebook with only Sun Java VM on it. We are told we need to have Microsoft
    Java VM build 5.00.3810.
    We were told to download MSJAVWU.exe. However, when we downloaded that and
    clicked on it, we were told "in order to execute this file you need to have a
    previous version of MS Java VM on your system.
    Does that mean we have to download and execute "msjavax86.exe" and then
    "download and execute "msjavwu.exe?" Is that correct name = "msjavwu.exe?"
    Sorry for the posts but we are still quite confused. We are not too familiar
    with this.
    Alice

    http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/java/

    | Thank you. We are still have a problem getting the download. We have new
    | notebook with only Sun Java VM on it. We are told we need to have
    Microsoft
    | Java VM build 5.00.3810.
    | We were told to download MSJAVWU.exe. However, when we downloaded that and
    | clicked on it, we were told "in order to execute this file you need to
    have a
    | previous version of MS Java VM on your system.
    | Does that mean we have to download and execute "msjavax86.exe" and then
    | "download and execute "msjavwu.exe?" Is that correct name = "msjavwu.exe?"
    | Sorry for the posts but we are still quite confused. We are not too
    familiar
    | with this.
    | Alice
    | "John E. Carty" wrote:
    |
    | > http://www.download.support.safetec.net/msjavx86/
    | >
    | > "AliceZ" <AliceZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | > > We have been told that we need Microsoft Java VM in order to work with
    our
    | > > website providers program. Would someone know where we might download
    | > > Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine? Believe the newest version file is:
    | > > "MSJAVX86.exe" and is 5.07MB. I understand about the problem with Sun,
    | > > etc.,
    | > > but understand we can still download the MSJava VM.
    | > > We are using WinXPsp2; therefore we would need the MS Java VM that
    would
    | > > work with WinXPsp2.
    | > > Please advise and thank you.

    Try this link instead..
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~smuller/VMSite2/downloads.htm

    "Tom Pepper Willett" <tompepper@mvps.invalid> wrote in message
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/java/
    >
    > "AliceZ" <AliceZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > | Thank you. We are still have a problem getting the download. We have new
    > | notebook with only Sun Java VM on it. We are told we need to have
    > Microsoft
    > | Java VM build 5.00.3810.
    > | We were told to download MSJAVWU.exe. However, when we downloaded that
    > and
    > | clicked on it, we were told "in order to execute this file you need to
    > have a
    > | previous version of MS Java VM on your system.
    > | Does that mean we have to download and execute "msjavax86.exe" and then
    > | "download and execute "msjavwu.exe?" Is that correct name =
    > "msjavwu.exe?"
    > | Sorry for the posts but we are still quite confused. We are not too
    > familiar
    > | with this.
    > | Alice
    > | "John E. Carty" wrote:
    > |
    > | > http://www.download.support.safetec.net/msjavx86/
    > | >
    > | > "AliceZ" <AliceZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > with
    > our
    > download
    > is:
    > Sun,
    > would

    We are so sorry to say that we still do not know what we have to do first. Do
    we have to download one file (5MB) and then another, etc. Or do we have to
    download just one file? As we said, we are knew at this and it is a bit
    confusing. (We have WinXPsp2 and no previous MS JavaVM on our notebook. Thank
    you kindly.

    "Ricky" wrote:

    > Try this link instead..
    > http://www.xs4all.nl/~smuller/VMSite2/downloads.htm
    >
    > "Tom Pepper Willett" <tompepper@mvps.invalid> wrote in message
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/java/
    > >
    > > "AliceZ" <AliceZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > | Thank you. We are still have a problem getting the download. We have new
    > > | notebook with only Sun Java VM on it. We are told we need to have
    > > Microsoft
    > > | Java VM build 5.00.3810.
    > > | We were told to download MSJAVWU.exe. However, when we downloaded that
    > > and
    > > | clicked on it, we were told "in order to execute this file you need to
    > > have a
    > > | previous version of MS Java VM on your system.
    > > | Does that mean we have to download and execute "msjavax86.exe" and then
    > > | "download and execute "msjavwu.exe?" Is that correct name =
    > > "msjavwu.exe?"
    > > | Sorry for the posts but we are still quite confused. We are not too
    > > familiar
    > > | with this.
    > > | Alice

    > > with
    > > our
    > > download
    > > is:
    > > Sun,
    > > would

    I think you have to download all three and start with the oldest and install
    them in order.

    > We are so sorry to say that we still do not know what we have to do first.
    > Do
    > we have to download one file (5MB) and then another, etc. Or do we have to
    > download just one file? As we said, we are knew at this and it is a bit
    > confusing. (We have WinXPsp2 and no previous MS JavaVM on our notebook.
    > Thank
    > you kindly.
    >
    > "Ricky" wrote:
    >
    >> Try this link instead..
    >> http://www.xs4all.nl/~smuller/VMSite2/downloads.htm
    >>
    >> "Tom Pepper Willett" <tompepper@mvps.invalid> wrote in message
    >> > http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/java/
    >> >
    >> > "AliceZ" <AliceZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > new
    >> > Microsoft
    >> > that
    >> > and
    >> > have a
    >> > then
    >> > "msjavwu.exe?"
    >> > familiar

    >> > with
    >> > our
    >> > download
    >> > is:
    >> > Sun,
    >> > that
    >> > would

    Thank you. We did download and install the ""MSJAVX86.EXE." We then went to
    the MS Critical Update page and after the search, we were told we needed a
    critical update for the Virtual Machine. After the download and installation,
    we did a Java Test and we were informed that we had "MS Java VM 5.0.3810."
    That would appear to us to mean that we now have the latest MS Java on our
    notebook. HOWEVER, we notice that the number 5.0.3810 (one zero after 5.)
    does not agree with the number 5.00.3810 (two zeros after 5.).
    Would you or someone else know if they are the same?
    Thank you. Alice

Download Java Microsoft Windows XP