activex settings prohibit running ActiveX controls

July 21, 2005 7:39:38 AM

Hi all,
The issue: Completely patched WinXP with all updates and service
packs through today 7/20/2005.

Symantec Internet Security gives the following error:
Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls
on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly.

I checked the Symantec site for info. This led me to run services.msc,
and I received the same message. I have set everything to default
without result. I cannot find any useful information in the MS
knowledge base or through Google.

Any ideas before I wipe out this install and start over with Fedora Core?

Thanks,

Bob
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 1:42:13 PM

Error: "Your Security Settings prohibit the running of Active X Controls on
this page" when activating your Symantec software:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/doc...

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Bob Hartung" <rwhart@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> The issue: Completely patched WinXP with all updates and service packs
> through today 7/20/2005.
>
> Symantec Internet Security gives the following error:
> Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on
> this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly.
>
> I checked the Symantec site for info. This led me to run services.msc,
> and I received the same message. I have set everything to default without
> result. I cannot find any useful information in the MS knowledge base or
> through Google.
>
> Any ideas before I wipe out this install and start over with Fedora Core?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 1:42:14 PM

Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
> Error: "Your Security Settings prohibit the running of Active X Controls
> on this page" when activating your Symantec software:
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/doc...

I did all that. Also, why does this occur when I run "services.msc"
with administrator priveleges?

Thanks,

Bob
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 2:19:25 PM

Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Zones\0
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Zones\0

Double-click "1200" and set it's data to 0.

--

!