Drivers for Winfast GF2 GTS

PLMf30

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ok I hade something like the 6.5's in (Det3 drivers) and it was running ok.. My buddy talked to a company about his card ( guillemot tnt2 or something ), and they recommended the 11.01 set because of the extra options. So I tried it. The 3DMark2001 score was somewhere around 3300. I tried to run tribes 2 and it gave me the unhandled exception error, wouldn't even boot up the game. I do have all the updates and patches. I tried it with the 10.80 drivers, and the game ran fine, but the 3dmark2001 score dropped to a measly :) 2900. What is goin on? I want to benchmark well and run the game as fast as possible. does anyone have any suggestions for drivers to run? Here is the total system:
T-Bird 900
Asus A7V
256mb pc133 ram
leadtek winfast geforce2 gts w/32mb
sblive x gamer
tons of HD space

Asus A7V / 900 tbird
SBLive X-Gamer
256mb PC133
13.8 WD hd
Leadtek GeForce2 GTS

BrainStorm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Drivers 11.01 are drivers based on Nvidia's (your 6.50 were the latest from Nvidia) but that are altered by the card manufacturer. Maybe the Winfats's 11.01 were based on older Nvidia reference drivers like 6.35. I'd recommend you install 6.50 that you can get from www.nvidia.com.

Hope that helps.

It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick!

G

Manufacturer's drivers are always slower than the current Detonator. This is because it takes time for them to alter all the logos in the set-up options, and therefore the Detonator drivers at the core are usually out of date by the time the 'enhanced' drivers are released.

Your best bet is to ignore your manufacturer's drivers and go for the latest Det 3 from www.nvidia.com.

~ I'm not AMD biased, I just think their chips are better. ~