Incorrect Free Space on Hard Drive

My system is XP Home edition. I recently deleted a 17 GB video AVI file from
a very full 40 GB hard drive. The file is gone, but the available space on
the drive did not increase.

What can I do to correct this problem.

Thanks

Boog
3 answers Last reply
More about incorrect free space hard drive

    Boog wrote:

    > My system is XP Home edition. I recently deleted a 17 GB video AVI file from
    > a very full 40 GB hard drive. The file is gone, but the available space on
    > the drive did not increase.
    >
    > What can I do to correct this problem.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Boog

    Empty the TRASH !!!

    also Skedule a Scann of the Drive to correct ERRORS

    Boog Wrote:
    > My system is XP Home edition. I recently deleted a 17 GB video AVI file
    > from
    > a very full 40 GB hard drive. The file is gone, but the available
    > space on
    > the drive did not increase.
    >
    > What can I do to correct this problem.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Boog
    Did you defragment your drive? Whenever you add or delete large files,
    your HD may get fragmented, you could check it out.

    --
    omni

    With files sizes getting so huge nowadays, its really important to clean
    up trash, unistall programs that arent used and defragment regularly.

    --
    d01178Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Hard Drives Free Space Windows XP