Incorrect Free Space on Hard Drive

July 21, 2005 12:39:02 AM

My system is XP Home edition. I recently deleted a 17 GB video AVI file from
a very full 40 GB hard drive. The file is gone, but the available space on
the drive did not increase.

What can I do to correct this problem.

Thanks

Boog
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 3:59:50 AM

Boog wrote:

> My system is XP Home edition. I recently deleted a 17 GB video AVI file from
> a very full 40 GB hard drive. The file is gone, but the available space on
> the drive did not increase.
>
> What can I do to correct this problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> Boog

Empty the TRASH !!!

also Skedule a Scann of the Drive to correct ERRORS
July 23, 2005 5:33:42 AM

Boog Wrote:
> My system is XP Home edition. I recently deleted a 17 GB video AVI file
> from
> a very full 40 GB hard drive. The file is gone, but the available
> space on
> the drive did not increase.
>
> What can I do to correct this problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> Boog
Did you defragment your drive? Whenever you add or delete large files,
your HD may get fragmented, you could check it out.

--
omni
Anonymous

With files sizes getting so huge nowadays, its really important to clean
up trash, unistall programs that arent used and defragment regularly.

--
d01178Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
!