Core i3 supports windows xp

G

Hello,
i have dell inspiron 1464 laptop that has a core i3 processor i want to install XP with sp2 but i have no driver

It does seem to be more sensible, unless you are fairly experienced with computers, to use an OS that is supported by the manufacturer of your computer. And if you are that experienced, surely you would know how to install XP, or where to find the appropriate information and drivers?

The "best" OS is probably the one that works best on your computer with your level of knowledge. (And I agree - personally I think that 7 is much better than XP, but that's just my opinion.)

JenniferArden

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
I also like XP and I still use XP. I cannot comment on your laptop but I recently bought an ACER 7740G laptop with Core i3, I managed to find all the drivers for all the components used in my laptop. Usually it is possible to find the XP drivers, sometimes it can be a little tricky but many sites and hardware manufacturers offer XP drivers. ACER only provides Windows 7 drivers for my laptop. ATI only provides a desktop equivalent driver for the chip used in my laptop which I downloaded and installed and it is working fine. You also need to integrate AHCI (hard drive controller) drivers with NLite or set your BIOS to IDE (some BIOS'es do not have the option to use IDE in which case you must integrate AHCI drivers into XP)

TRENDING THREADS