user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I am having problems with the config.
I have installed and everything runs good except for 1 thing.
I am unable to login using the windows logon screen.
I have turned on Fast User Switching.
When I use the reader, it states that I have provided with a wrong windows
password.
How do I update my windows logon password?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Here is the message I get when I use the Fingerprint Reader during Windows
Logon:

Your fingerpring logon or switch to your account was not successful.
Please logon by typing your windows password.
Then change the password in Control Panel.

I have changed the password in Control Panel, but don't know how to update
it in Fingerprint reader.

Gino

" - 781" <lets@have.org> wrote in message
>I am having problems with the config.
> I have installed and everything runs good except for 1 thing.
> I am unable to login using the windows logon screen.
> I have turned on Fast User Switching.
> When I use the reader, it states that I have provided with a wrong windows
> password.
> How do I update my windows logon password?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Perhaps a reinstall of the Fingerprint reader software might help you

It is available here
http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/9/e/39e93743-71c9-4
52f-b69c-90b227a57f1b/DP_PM_10Eng.exe

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

" - 781" <lets@have.org> wrote in message
>I am having problems with the config.
> I have installed and everything runs good except for 1 thing.
> I am unable to login using the windows logon screen.
> I have turned on Fast User Switching.
> When I use the reader, it states that I have provided with a wrong windows
> password.
> How do I update my windows logon password?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Try downloading and reinstalling the Fingerprint Reader software.

It is available here

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/DownloadResult.aspx?prod=pf_fr&os=xp&lang=en&driverVersion=DigitalPersona%20Password%20Manager%201.0

or a tinyurl version

http://tinyurl.com/4eqwh