Printing

I use xp home in my office. In the same computer I have a mail server running
which handles the office mails. I use the same computer to share the internet
connection also. The main problem I face with this setup is that whenever I
open any office document and try to send it for printing it takes a minimum
of 5 minutes for the print dialog to appear. Can anybody help me out. The
computer has a p4 processor of 2.66 GHz rating and 248 MB ram (it is an IBM
KQP 8123 MODEL).

Home is not designed to be a mail server. Whatever software you use for that is probably hitting the DNS of the shares in some way.
The delay is a timeout of one kind or another.

--
Mark L. Ferguson