Dear All,
I'm trying to access CHM (help) files shared on a server and it gives me the
ie explorer error page and I can't see the continent of such files. But when
I copy them to the local machine they work correctly. Is there any solution
for that.

BR
--
*********
IT Manager

Recent security update causes this. See:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896905
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892675

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Ibrahim Awwad" <ibrahim_awwad(at)hotmail(dot)com(antispam)> wrote in
message news:6CB55A1C-E868-4752-82CD-983F2152DB91@microsoft.com...
> Dear All,
> I'm trying to access CHM (help) files shared on a server and it gives me
> the
> ie explorer error page and I can't see the continent of such files. But
> when
> I copy them to the local machine they work correctly. Is there any
> solution
> for that.
>
> BR
> --
> *********
> IT Manager
> DeLaval Ltd.
> Cairo-Egypt
> *********
> |-----------------------------|
> |Islam is peace not Terror|
> |-----------------------------|

Dear Ramesh,

I applied one of the reg fixes but it works for the Administrators only not
for all other users. Any solution for this behaviour.
--
*********
IT Manager

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Recent security update causes this. See:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896905
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892675
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Ibrahim Awwad" <ibrahim_awwad(at)hotmail(dot)com(antispam)> wrote in
> message news:6CB55A1C-E868-4752-82CD-983F2152DB91@microsoft.com...
> > Dear All,
> > I'm trying to access CHM (help) files shared on a server and it gives me
> > the
> > ie explorer error page and I can't see the continent of such files. But
> > when
> > I copy them to the local machine they work correctly. Is there any
> > solution
> > for that.
> >
> > BR
> > --
> > *********
> > IT Manager
> > DeLaval Ltd.
> > Cairo-Egypt
> > *********
> > |-----------------------------|
> > |Islam is peace not Terror|
> > |-----------------------------|

Ibrahim,

Is the same error seen when accessing the CHM file using a Limited user
account?

--

message news:FD87DC47-D3D6-4E93-BB7E-D0DE50DDB991@microsoft.com...
> Dear Ramesh,
>
> I applied one of the reg fixes but it works for the Administrators only
> not
> for all other users. Any solution for this behaviour.
> --
> *********
> IT Manager
> DeLaval Ltd.
> Cairo-Egypt
> *********
> |-----------------------------|
> |Islam is peace not Terror|
> |-----------------------------|
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Recent security update causes this. See:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896905
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892675
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Ibrahim Awwad" <ibrahim_awwad(at)hotmail(dot)com(antispam)> wrote in
>> message news:6CB55A1C-E868-4752-82CD-983F2152DB91@microsoft.com...
>> > Dear All,
>> > I'm trying to access CHM (help) files shared on a server and it gives
>> > me
>> > the
>> > ie explorer error page and I can't see the continent of such files. But
>> > when
>> > I copy them to the local machine they work correctly. Is there any
>> > solution
>> > for that.
>> >
>> > BR
>> > --
>> > *********
>> > IT Manager
>> > DeLaval Ltd.
>> > Cairo-Egypt
>> > *********
>> > |-----------------------------|
>> > |Islam is peace not Terror|
>> > |-----------------------------|

Dear Ramesh,

Well I think it was because I added the target Server to the safe places.
When I take it out from the security zone it worked correctly.
Thanks.
--
*********
IT Manager

Glad you got this fixed Ibrahim.

--

message news:04EAFA34-6695-44F9-9ABA-8E4D78E56F0C@microsoft.com...
> Dear Ramesh,
>
> Well I think it was because I added the target Server to the safe places.
> When I take it out from the security zone it worked correctly.
> Thanks.
> --
> *********
> IT Manager
> DeLaval Ltd.
> Cairo-Egypt
> *********
> |-----------------------------|
> |Islam is peace not Terror|
> |-----------------------------|
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Ibrahim,
>>
>> Is the same error seen when accessing the CHM file using a Limited user
>> account?
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Ibrahim Awwad" <ibrahim_awwad(at)hotmail(dot)com(antispam)> wrote in
>> message news:FD87DC47-D3D6-4E93-BB7E-D0DE50DDB991@microsoft.com...
>> > Dear Ramesh,
>> >
>> > I applied one of the reg fixes but it works for the Administrators only
>> > not
>> > for all other users. Any solution for this behaviour.
>> > --
>> > *********
>> > IT Manager
>> > DeLaval Ltd.
>> > Cairo-Egypt
>> > *********
>> > |-----------------------------|
>> > |Islam is peace not Terror|
>> > |-----------------------------|

Thanks, and I really wonder how did you get that information so fast. :)

BR
--
*********
IT Manager

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Glad you got this fixed Ibrahim.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Ibrahim Awwad" <ibrahim_awwad(at)hotmail(dot)com(antispam)> wrote in
> message news:04EAFA34-6695-44F9-9ABA-8E4D78E56F0C@microsoft.com...
> > Dear Ramesh,
> >
> > Well I think it was because I added the target Server to the safe places.
> > When I take it out from the security zone it worked correctly.
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > *********
> > IT Manager
> > DeLaval Ltd.
> > Cairo-Egypt
> > *********
> > |-----------------------------|
> > |Islam is peace not Terror|
> > |-----------------------------|
> >

> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Ibrahim,
> >>
> >> Is the same error seen when accessing the CHM file using a Limited user
> >> account?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >>

> >> "Ibrahim Awwad" <ibrahim_awwad(at)hotmail(dot)com(antispam)> wrote in
> >> message news:FD87DC47-D3D6-4E93-BB7E-D0DE50DDB991@microsoft.com...

Actually, this is a FAQ and I've stored the links in my Notes / KB folder.

--

message news:068BF44F-CE83-4353-B740-BDB60EBB5860@microsoft.com...