Google Makes its Search (Bar) Even Bigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]maniac5999[/nom]I always love typing general words like "what" and "why" into the search bar just to see what stupid things people are googling.[/citation]

My favorite is "why do men have nipples?"

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]maniac5999[/nom]I always love typing general words like "what" and "why" into the search bar just to see what stupid things people are googling.[/citation]
You should look at http://live.letmegooglethatforyou.com/ then. There are some really, REALLY stupid things being Googled through that website. For example:

"how to make jamaican beef patties"
"why am I so fat and ugly?"
"what is the speed of dark?"

On topic, it looks exactly the same for me. Perhaps the Australian mirror has not yet been updated, but I would have thought that Google would have updated it globally all at once.

G

Google Canada has not changed! Guess Google hates all Canadians.

lvlouro

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
[citation][nom]Platypus[/nom]I wonder if they're going to update their patent to reflect a "bigger bar."[/citation]
+1
exact same thought!!!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Is there a way to change it back? It's way too freaking big. I'm sure my grandparents would be pleased but as of right now I have google zoomed out on firefox so it is not so freaking obnoxious. Zooming out every time will be a huge pain in the ass so if I can't change it I'll just start using Bing more often.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
It changed last night, reason why this is happening is because people have bigger monitors with higher resolution so they want to increase the size of this to stay up with the times.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
[citation][nom]chinesemafia69[/nom]lol first[/citation]
[citation][nom]chinesemafia69[/nom]i was wrong[/citation]

it's almost 2010...

it's not "cool" anymore to post "lol first"....

what are you? 6 yr old who JUST started using internet?

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Just a little bigger. Exactly what was needed for better viewing on all the new monitor sizes people are buying with higher resolution. Text was getting smaller and smaller!

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]it's almost 2010...it's not "cool" anymore to post "lol first"....what are you? 6 yr old who JUST started using internet?[/citation]

It wasn't ever cool.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Google also hates the Irish.[/citation]

It seems like you're right. Typing in "Why are the Irish" gives you "Why are the Irish so thick" and, quite impressively, "Why are the Irish impervious to psychoanalysis".

On the other hand, typing "Ireland is" in will tell you that Ireland is bankrupt, British, Atlantis and, would you believe it, Ireland is Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.