Gif animation in IE 6.0, FireFox and WINDOWS XP

July 21, 2005 8:15:52 AM

the following URL displays an animated gif image when viewed on RedHat
9.0 and windows 2000 in both IE 6, firefox and mozilla. It does not view
on any of my three windows xp machines using IE 6 or firefox

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Brachialis/DBConcen...

anyone have a similar problem?
July 21, 2005 9:24:16 AM

Gerrymander wrote:
> the following URL displays an animated gif image when viewed on RedHat
> 9.0 and windows 2000 in both IE 6, firefox and mozilla. It does not
> view on any of my three windows xp machines using IE 6 or firefox
>
> http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Brachialis/DBConcen...
>
> anyone have a similar problem?

Works for me.
--
Mike Pawlak
Anonymous

Why don't my animated gifs animate?
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/answers.htm#ani_gi...

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Gerrymander" <rlgwinxp@cox.net> wrote in message
> the following URL displays an animated gif image when viewed on RedHat 9.0
> and windows 2000 in both IE 6, firefox and mozilla. It does not view on
> any of my three windows xp machines using IE 6 or firefox
>
> http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Brachialis/DBConcen...
>
> anyone have a similar problem?
July 22, 2005 1:16:15 AM

Someone turned of the option in Internet Options - Advanced.

"Gerrymander" <rlgwinxp@cox.net> wrote in message news:cJJDe.26661$mC.25694@okepread07...
> the following URL displays an animated gif image when viewed on RedHat
> 9.0 and windows 2000 in both IE 6, firefox and mozilla. It does not view
> on any of my three windows xp machines using IE 6 or firefox
>
> http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Brachialis/DBConcen...
>
> anyone have a similar problem?
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 1:16:16 AM

David Candy wrote:
> Someone turned of the option in Internet Options - Advanced.

I have the same settings in IE 6 on the XP box as on the WIN2000 box.
All multimedia options checked except "show image placeholders" and it
still happens in firefox
!