IP Configuration

July 21, 2005 9:31:03 AM

After a power surge last night, I cannot bring up my cable internet. We've
tried reinitializing the cable modem, restarted the computer multiple times,
and tried everything else that seems logical. When we ran the command prompt
c:\>ipconfig/renew we got the error message:

An internal error occurred: The system cannot find the file specified.
Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help.
Additional information: Unknown media status code.

Any idea what's happening?

More about : configuration

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 11:29:03 AM

I have heard these may solve your problem.
Run anti-virus, spyware scan. Reinstall NIC driver and/or TCP/IP.
Winsock fix.
http://aaronserv.dyndns.org/downloads/winsockfix/