Security Update .NET KB886906

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.0 SP3, English
(KB886906)

For such a "high priority" update I can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet!
I downloaded it to install it the day it came out and have had this error
ever since:

SL2EC.tmp - Common Runtime Debugging Services:
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process
id=0x934 (2356), Thread id=0x86c (2156).

Click OK to terminate the application.

Having since deleted it manually off my HD and re-downloaded it again
through windows update - its still not fixed. Unbelievable! What's going
on - I'm just hiding it in windows updates now - surely a ridiculous thing
to do for such a "high proirity" update. Have also read of others with the
same problem (Windows XP Pro SP2).

Please sort it out MS...

Fixed? Is it that you believe the security update fails in ALL hardware and software combinations, or that your system is one
accepted as compatible with the latest security limitations? Determine what makes your system different from the millions of systems
that do not fail. If MS can reproduce your error and conditions, no doubt you would get your wish.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
<nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:dbo7pk$cjo$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.0 SP3, English (KB886906)
>
> For such a "high priority" update I can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet! I downloaded it to install it the day it came out and
> have had this error ever since:
>
> SL2EC.tmp - Common Runtime Debugging Services:
> Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0x934 (2356), Thread id=0x86c (2156).
>
> Click OK to terminate the application.
>
> Having since deleted it manually off my HD and re-downloaded it again through windows update - its still not fixed. Unbelievable!
> What's going on - I'm just hiding it in windows updates now - surely a ridiculous thing to do for such a "high proirity" update.
> Have also read of others with the same problem (Windows XP Pro SP2).
>
> Please sort it out MS...

Hi there,

It is recommended that you contact CSS directly. Please understand that any
assistance needed for installing HotFixes can be obtained by CSS 1:1 phone
support. Please consider providing more information on this error you are
receiving after applying the security update. The error you provided
doesn't provide sufficient information for us to be able to understand your
request fully. For more info about CSS, please refer to the following
information:

In the US and Canada:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=AdvisoryService

Outside of the US/Canada:

http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

Hope the information helps. If there is anything that is unclear, please
feel free to let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
| From: <nospam@nospam.com>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
| Subject: Security Update .NET KB886906
| Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:26:13 +0000 (UTC)
|
| Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.0 SP3, English
| (KB886906)
|
| For such a "high priority" update I can't believe it hasn't been fixed
yet!
| I downloaded it to install it the day it came out and have had this error
| ever since:
|
| SL2EC.tmp - Common Runtime Debugging Services:
| Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process
| id=0x934 (2356), Thread id=0x86c (2156).
|
| Click OK to terminate the application.
|
| Having since deleted it manually off my HD and re-downloaded it again
| through windows update - its still not fixed. Unbelievable! What's going
| on - I'm just hiding it in windows updates now - surely a ridiculous
thing
| to do for such a "high proirity" update. Have also read of others with
the
| same problem (Windows XP Pro SP2).
|
| Please sort it out MS...

> Hope the information helps. If there is anything that is unclear, please
> feel free to let me know.

Yes - what's CSS?

I wonder why you need more information - the error code I gave was
comprehensive enough - it was afterall what the dialog box told me. If you
(MS) don't know what it means, how am I a lowly user supposed to know? All I
did was to install the update as any normal user would and that's the
message that popped up.

Hello,

Thanks for update!

CSS is a Phone Call-Based Support. You may gain support over Phone Call
directly. The detail information is as the following. Please excuse that I
didnot explain it clearly. What I mean is that I would like to recommend
you prepare the exact error info when you call the CSS. That is a more
efficient way to troubleshoot the issue. Thanks for your understanding and
thanks for your time.

International Support (non-US/Canada):
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

US and Canada: