Networking lock up! :(

G

Hey all
Well I've had one heck(hell) of a time getting my home server to work correctly. I've never had this many problems with one computer and of course I want it to RUN my entire house! Well at first I was having issues with an SB LIVE! sound card so i just removed it from the system and it ran stable for over a week on its own. So i decided my problems were behind me and set it up as the ISP and file sharring server in win ME and WIN2k (which ever i booted up) So after about an hour of stablity tests i decided it was good and set up my first workstation. Internet sharing was perfect and i was all excited until i went to download updated drivers for the workstation....and the server crashed! Any time i go to download anything from and onto a workstation the server crashes and ussually doesnt recover itself. Its SOOO bazare cause i can do anything on the server without problems. I've set up my own gaming pc as the server before in win 2k and ME the exact same way with out problem. I DONT GET IT!!! The server consists of a Duron 700 Epox mobo, ibm deskstar 15gig, voodoo3 2000, 2 different Intel NICs (both 10/100) an Enermax 330w ps, and generic cdrom and floppy. The only two things that arent brand new are the cd and floppy....could those do anything??? CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP!

scarecrow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Does it give you a BSOD or any errors? Or does it just die. Have you loaded all the newest drivers for the mb, Nic's etc.

<A HREF="http://www.seti.tomshardware.com" target="_new">Join The Tom's Hardware SETI@Home Team</A>