Should my user folder be read only? trouble importing in lightroom.

dp88

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
I'm trying to move my lightroom catalog over from another computer and I keep getting errors about not being able to copy the file. I checked the permissions and my entire home folder is set to "read only". When I try unchecking the box on my user folder, everything seems to go well, but if I click on properties on my user folder again, It still says "read only"! Is it supposed to be this way?

Solution
I'll assume you are trying to access the user folder of the account you are currently logged in to when I say no, the folder should not be read only. Go through the properties dialog and change the ownership of the folder to your user account, then remove the read only attribute on the account folder.
I'll assume you are trying to access the user folder of the account you are currently logged in to when I say no, the folder should not be read only. Go through the properties dialog and change the ownership of the folder to your user account, then remove the read only attribute on the account folder.

Solution