USB spec for adapters

Does it make any difference whether the computer using a USB adapter has USB
1.1 or 2.0? That is, will the increased throughput of 2.0 matter as far as
the network is concerned. TIA.
2 answers Last reply
More about spec adapters

    If you have 802.11g, and you're trying to move data between two local wifi
    clients, or a local wifi client and a local wired client, USB 1.1 will
    definitely limit your throughput.

    Also, if you plan to support multiple devices on the USB in addition to
    wifi, USB 2.0 will probably handle that much better than 1.1.

    "Jeff Hansman" <[remove me]jhansman@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > Does it make any difference whether the computer using a USB adapter has
    USB
    > 1.1 or 2.0? That is, will the increased throughput of 2.0 matter as far as
    > the network is concerned. TIA.

    Well, the client is an old P3 450 with USB 1.1 onboard, so I went ahead an
    got a USB 2.0 PCI card just to bring it up to date. Thanks.

    "gary" <pleasenospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > If you have 802.11g, and you're trying to move data between two local wifi
    > clients, or a local wifi client and a local wired client, USB 1.1 will
    > definitely limit your throughput.
    >
    > Also, if you plan to support multiple devices on the USB in addition to
    > wifi, USB 2.0 will probably handle that much better than 1.1.
    >
    > "Jeff Hansman" <[remove me]jhansman@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > > Does it make any difference whether the computer using a USB adapter has
    > USB
    > > 1.1 or 2.0? That is, will the increased throughput of 2.0 matter as far
    as
    > > the network is concerned. TIA.

Wireless USB Internet Wireless Networking